I'm looking into buying an overdrive/distortion pedal (mainly for playing downtuned).
And I was wondering... is there any point buying a tube distortion pedal to go infront of a tube amp? or should I just get an analogue distortion pedal instead?
Does it make any difference?
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
What amplifier do you have?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
a Laney LC50 Mark II

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
An OD used as a boost on your overdrive channel will probably give you the best results for what you want. I'm not sure how high gain of an amp that is, but if it has enough gain for hard rock or classic metal then an OD will work great.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by chris6666
ehx metal muff has the most diverse od/dist I have ever heard. it goes from 70's rock to current shred metal
http://www.ehx.com/2008/

Yea but it won't boost his sound at all as he'd have to use it on the clean channel. Also, I plugged my MM into my new 6505+ just to see what it sounded like and it sounded horribly thin. It actually sounded better through my old MG than my 6505+, how that makes any sense I don't know but it's true.
I was intending to use it on the clean channel instead of the OD
as it would involve less switching i.e. channel switch, then switch OD on
for a tube pedal i were looking at the Ibanez Tube King or Damage Control Solid Metal
for an analogue pedal i were looking at a EHX Metal Muff or Boss MD-2

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
A good OD pedal will be more than adequate to push a tube amp, you wouldn't need a distortion, it would ruin the tone of the tube amp.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by zhunt1130
Yea but it won't boost his sound at all as he'd have to use it on the clean channel. Also, I plugged my MM into my new 6505+ just to see what it sounded like and it sounded horribly thin. It actually sounded better through my old MG than my 6505+, how that makes any sense I don't know but it's true.

Did you use it as a clean boost (set the gain knob to 0 and level at max)?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?