I'm having a hard time deciding between these two Distortion pedals. Both Robert Keeley Mods and I'm having a tough time deciding which one please help me out thanks.

Robert Keeley Website
Last edited by Guitar8000 at Jul 11, 2008,
Well, to start off, the DS-1 is a distortion pedal and the TS9DX is an overdrive pedal. A good place to start would be to choose which effect (distortion or overdrive) best fits what you play. Listen to some audio clips and hear the difference, because there is one.
depends on your amp

if its tubve get the ts9

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I'm planning on getting a Epiphone Valve Junior for my new amp. I play mostly rock and blues.
Are you buying from keeley? If so I say that's a fat waste of money, buy the stock pedal and mod it yourself. It's really not that hard.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Are you buying from keeley? If so I say that's a fat waste of money, buy the stock pedal and mod it yourself. It's really not that hard.
No I'm not buying from Keeley.

I probably should of put this in my first post but here's my setup.

I have a Fender US Strat and I'm getting a new Valve Junior soon. I figure the over drive on the valve Junior will be very good, but I haven't got my guitar into the shop to try it out. I heard good things about the valve junior from the at the store so I figure the Overdrive will be solid so I'm leaning more towards a Distortion pedal.
what music are you playing? do you need it to boost for a solo, cut/tighten your sound and add gain, or add compression and low end for crunchiness? Any tubescreamer mod will work for the first two, but the DS-1 mod will definitely do the latter, along with the other two. Satch, Vai, Petrucci, Dan Spitz (Anthrax), and many others use the DS-1 as a facet of their sound; Satch runs a clean amp, and gets all his gain from his pedals (which is now the VOX Satchurator, but for basically every record he's used a Keeley DS-1), Vai uses it a lot (if you have the live at Astoria DVD, you can see him smack it on during The Animal quite clearly), Petrucci wavers between the DS-1 and a Tubescreamer as a boost in his rig, and Dan Spitz runs it in front of his amp for his distorted sounds.

If it's just for leads, i'd go with the Tubescreamer, but if you want chunky rhythm sounds and whatnot, the DS-1 gets my vote.