hello one and all i have a little question.

there is this wire connected to the plate where the springs connect to the tremelo system. why is it here?
There once was a chicken named Cluck.
He once was told that he sucked.
He tried to say something
but couldn't say nothing
and came up with "Cluckity-Fuck."

Peace out.
that's the ground, it needs to be there to finish the circuit
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
...or you'll get a humming noise.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ground wire. if its not connected there's a ****load of buzzing, so leave it there. and yes, all guitars have them
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
hey thanks so much guys, i was about to rip it off.... didnt mean to sound like a n00b or anything... laters!
but couldn't say nothing

Peace out.
Quote by GoDrex
yeah it grounds the guitar through the strings and through your body - makes it sound better and easier for you to get electrocuted

lol gotta make sacrifices for tone eh?
but couldn't say nothing

Peace out.
Quote by Renegade_Elite
i was about to rip it off.... didnt mean to sound like a n00b or anything... laters!

i'm glad you did not do that

you can tape it up underneath if you have a pair of needle nose pliers - next time you do a string change
Quote by spiderjerusalem
ground wire. if its not connected there's a ****load of buzzing, so leave it there. and yes, all guitars have them

not true emgs are grounded withen the pickup so your supposed to take ALL of the grounds out

stupid
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
not true emgs are grounded withen the pickup so your supposed to take ALL of the grounds out

stupid

Calm down bro, no need for name calling.

I haven't the faintest idea why someone would every see a wire and want to rip it out. Never look under the hood of my car, please.
Last edited by TheProducer at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by ash_attack

stupid

slow down there cowboy. if his guitar HAS the wire, then it's safe to say, that it's there for that very reason.

now go sit in the time out corner for name calling. *points
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by GoDrex
yeah it grounds the guitar through the strings and through your body - makes it sound better and easier for you to get electrocuted

Is that why I can get some bad buzz when my hands aren't on the strings?
Gear(Sucks):
Aria STG Series Strat
Yamaha F310P Acoustic
BOSS DS-2 Distortion.
RMS 10 Watt Practice Amp

Wishlist:
New guitar
Brawl: 2578 4543 4918
Quote by Noodle93
Is that why I can get some bad buzz when my hands aren't on the strings?

Most likely, yes. Some effects/pedals can cause buzzing (My old Boss BE-5M buzzes a lot when the digi delay is on), so try just playing it clean through an amp. If it buzzes, it could be because of some faulty wiring or the ground could be messed up. On the old Fender Jazzmasters they would get alot of buzzing because of looser string tension and so many wires, plus lots of people would ground it to the floating trem system. With so many wires going on in that guitar, I guess its easy to get a bad solder joint going on and not notice it right away. If it is a real problem, maybe try opening it up and checking to see if any joints need re-soldering. It could be an easy fix to make your guitar sound a lot better. Or you might need better shielding depending on the pickups in the guitar you use. Some companies use cheap copper paint, and sometimes a bit of copper tape can help re-shield it.
If it's not there, your guitar will blow up.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.