For school, i will be going on an 'excursion' with the school orchestra where i play guitar. They're telling me to bring my own guitar & amps and what i have is my fender strat & orange tiny terror.

This is just going to a couple of music festivals & performing so its over a couple days.

Everything is going to to be loaded under the bus in a big compartment so i need help in finding ways to make sure my gear isn't damaged. I dont want to get off the bus to find a punctured speaker cab and the neck broken off my guitar.

Should i carry the orange head on the bus? what about the guitar.

all suggestions welcome

BTW i didn't know what to type into the search bar so forgive me if this has been done.
gotta use a hard case on that guitar.

watch the heat on that bus too. anything that will fit under ur seat, will be a plus.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ATA road cases for the amp, and a hard shell case for the strat would be the best way to protect the stuff.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Last edited by BleedDeathMetal at Jul 11, 2008,
If you have a hardcase on your guitar, it will be fine. If it's a softcase, you'll still be fine, but even I'd play it safe and keep it on the bus with you. I had my amp (without a covering) under the bus, with two 12 inch speakers on it, and nothing happened. It was fine.

Out of curiosity, what are you playing with your orchestra?
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
guitar soft case in the bus compartment could be catastrophic. ^

you're lucky imo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I didn't have a softcase on my guitar. I had a hardcase. There was another guitar player who had a softcase, and i think she was fine. But yeah, she got lucky. She just had a peavy strat copy though...

My amp was perfectly fine though. I mean, what's down there to damage it? Nothing with odd random things, when it's just square packed in suitcases, pillows, and sleeping bags. Granted, there are other instruments with necks down there, being an orchestra. Where, out of curiousity, are they putting the basses and whatnot?
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Thanks, yeah ill def bring my hard case for the strat and on the bus aswell.
Ill have a look at those road cases now.

@cashewchaching: well its not really an orchestra as such, its more of a big band where we play lots of showtunes and stuff like that. It's just a big conglomerate with all string, woodwind & brass instruments chucked together.

plus everyone else has hard cases so probably the bases are going under.
I just hope there is some kind of strapping down under there.

EDIT: Checked out amp cases, they're not cheap, the cheapest ones are $350.

any makeshift protection ideas? put it in a cardboard box?
Last edited by RichardLotspard at Jul 11, 2008,