Im looking for a program for my computer that I can use to make beats, mix them, etc.
Particularly to make beats for rap.
I need some program names, please.

*prepares flame shield*
Call me Trey.
Fruity Loops.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Quote by horloko
you mean crap?

+1, and bother getting a drummer. not some machine to do it.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Beatcraft
Or if it's for rap, maybe Fruityloops?
I use Beatcraft and it's a great all-rounder
ohai little sig.
Quote by thedudemeister
+1, and bother getting a drummer. not some machine to do it.

because you can just pick them up from the corner store at $.99 a pop.

Fruity Loops, is ok. My bassist uses Acid, the program. I use garage band, but that's only on mac(i'm pretty sure).
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Broken_Drum
Well aren't you a ****ing idiot.

because...
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
because...

Because... There's nothing even remotely wrong with "letting a machine do it". You can get entirely different sound from programmed beats than acoustic drums and to be quite honest programming drum patterns allows more freedom. Comparing the two is just idiotic.
Quote by RPGoof
That is amazing, too bad it's 55 gigs.

Its 55gigs of pure top studio quality drum kits dude!
You can't get better than that...
Unless you're Danny Carrey and have access to a top level studio.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Its 55gigs of pure top studio quality drum kits dude!
You can't get better than that...
Unless you're Danny Carrey and have access to a top level studio.

If I was very serious about solo music making and had the money/hard drive space, I would definitely buy it.
But as a cheapo with no money and only 70 gigs open and a ****ty download speed theres no way I'm torrenting that.
Quote by Broken_Drum
Because... There's nothing even remotely wrong with "letting a machine do it". You can get entirely different sound from programmed beats than acoustic drums and to be quite honest programming drum patterns allows more freedom. Comparing the two is just idiotic.

yes there is, there is no musical talent in getting a machine to right the track. would you be happy if a machine wrote a guitar or bass track? it jsut isnt the same as having a machine do it.

personally, its high time that we returned to making proper music, which involves musical talent, rather than some guy with no musical knowledge writing a song on a computer.

also instead of pointlessly arguing, the pit should go practice their guitar or bass or whatever
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
yes there is, there is no musical talent in getting a machine to right the track. would you be happy if a machine wrote a guitar or bass track? it jsut isnt the same as having a machine do it.

The ignorance... It... It hurts!

You do realise you have to program the patterns yourself? Yes? You have to find the appropriate samples, fix them to sound correct. The computer/ software doesn't do any of this for you, all it does is provide a platform to allow you to do so.
Quote by thedudemeister

personally, its high time that we returned to making proper music, which involves musical talent, rather than some guy with no musical knowledge writing a song on a computer.

So what constitutes as "real" music in your eyes? Tracks that are limited to not using the full spectrum of instruments on offer? Perhaps you're just very partial to regression? Also you do realise that your precious John Frusciante has done his fair share of programming. I guess he isn't a "real" musician then.
Quote by thedudemeister

also instead of pointlessly arguing, the pit should go practice their guitar or bass or whatever
Yes, please do us all a favour.
Quote by RPGoof
If I was very serious about solo music making and had the money/hard drive space, I would definitely buy it.
But as a cheapo with no money and only 70 gigs open and a ****ty download speed theres no way I'm torrenting that.

Then you can always get the next best alternatives which are:
Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0
And
Native Instruments Battery 3

Though i shouldn't really be comparing Battery with SD2.0 or BFD2 cuz Battery is equally good at what it does. Cuz Battery is a Drum machine and a sampler (so u can use it to trigger pretty much any sounds you want). Its from Native Instruments and everything from Native Instruments is top quality. Battery is more focused towards electronic beats so its the top pic of most of the hip-hop and Drum n Bass producers out there. Though if it comes to sound sampling and editing, it'll leave all other drum machines behind.
This is also what i use.
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by Broken_Drum
The ignorance... It... It hurts!

You do realise you have to program the patterns yourself? Yes? You have to find the appropriate samples, fix them to sound correct. The computer/ software doesn't do any of this for you, all it does is provide a platform to allow you to do so.

So what constitutes as "real" music in your eyes? Tracks that are limited to not using the full spectrum of instruments on offer? Perhaps you're just very partial to regression? Also you do realise that your precious John Frusciante has done his fair share of programming. I guess he isn't a "real" musician then.
Yes, please do us all a favour.

Borken_drum, please stop wastign your time on this.

Btw I have a new sogn in the works you can check it out on my profile.

But really, it's impossible to change anyone's opinion on this site because they're stupid.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
Borken_drum, please stop wastign your time on this.

Btw I have a new sogn in the works you can check it out on my profile.

But really, it's impossible to change anyone's opinion on this site because they're stupid.

I suppose so. I'll give your track a listen though because I enjoy your stuff.
Quote by Broken_Drum
I suppose so. I'll give your track a listen though because I enjoy your stuff.

Oh, it's alot different then older stuff, I'm gettign closer to that shpongle sound.
good luck on your rap carieer
and i did not mean that sarcasticly
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Acoustica Beatcraft. Thats what i use, it has some hip hop settings so it may work for you.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
I use Ableton, personally. It's a good piece of kit.

And programming drums is awesome- I don't have the equipment to mic up a drum kit, and therefore making beats using Ableton is very useful. Hell, I even program some basslines in. It's just another way to make music. I wouldn't normally use beats or programme an instrument in a band situation, but for anything else, if it sounds good and it fits, I'll do it. I love knocking up NIN-esque stuff.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by af_the_fragile
Then you can always get the next best alternatives which are:
Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0
And
Native Instruments Battery 3

Though i shouldn't really be comparing Battery with SD2.0 or BFD2 cuz Battery is equally good at what it does. Cuz Battery is a Drum machine and a sampler (so u can use it to trigger pretty much any sounds you want). Its from Native Instruments and everything from Native Instruments is top quality. Battery is more focused towards electronic beats so its the top pic of most of the hip-hop and Drum n Bass producers out there. Though if it comes to sound sampling and editing, it'll leave all other drum machines behind.
This is also what i use.

So Battery is used for like electronic sounding drums yeah? Because I think it would be sweet to get some mad riffs going over the top of some awesome electronic type drumming, kinda like 65daysofstatic if you have heard them.

has no signature.
Quote by thedudemeister

Do you know how much skill, time and effort it takes to program the perfect beat?!
No, you probably don't! Ask a producer, he'll tell you. It can take days and some serious production skills to program the perfect beat and groves. Drum programming is a lot more complicated than you think it is.
You need to find the right samples, then program a MIDI track to trigger the samples in a pattern. Then you've gotta quantize the midi track to give it some grove. Then you've gotta mess around and tweak each hits velocity/intensity to give it that human feel. Then you've gotta pan all the individual drum components in their right place to give the drums the stereo feel. Then you've gotta add the exact amount of reverb and delay to all the drum components to make it sit better in the mix. Then you've gotta compress, EQ and limit the drums to enhance the sound and make it sound upto good production quality.
You think all this is very simple! No sir, it takes hours to get just one of all of those steps in drum programming perfect.
Add it all up and it'll take you a couple of days working on the beats n sounds to get the perfect drums.

Its no where near easy mate!

Infact its faster and easier to just get a drummer n record the drums yourself. But unless you've got a really good drummer and an expensive studio to record your drums in, you can't match the tight and perfect drum sounds of these pro softwares!
Quote by Broken_Drum
Sounds good, I've left a comment.

Thanks.
Quote by 11223344554433
So Battery is used for like electronic sounding drums yeah? Because I think it would be sweet to get some mad riffs going over the top of some awesome electronic type drumming, kinda like 65daysofstatic if you have heard them.

Yeah, i quite like 65daysofstatic.
You can get a good acoustic drum sound of Battery too if you have good acoustic samples (you get this studio drumkits sample pack addon with loads of high quality acoustic drums samples http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=studiodrums). But Battey comes with loads of electronic and processed drum kits and just a couple of acoustic drumkits. So if you're kinda into NIN like industrial or Drum n Bass n other electronic music, then this is perfect for you.
Works awesome for industrial as you can load up all sorts of crazy samples to give your music that early NIN sorta industrial feel. Or even if you wanna go crazy with your drums like Aphex Twin, this will do it for you!

So Battery is best for electronic/processed kits but you can get good acoustic drum sounds of it too.
Its like you can get a good metal tone of a Fender Strat too. But you'ld rather use a Gibson Les Paul with humbucked pups for a proper metal tone.
Just like that you could get a good acoustic drum sound of Battery. But you'ld rather use BFD2 for acoustic drums.
Quote by bi-ah!
good luck on your rap carieer
and i did not mean that sarcasticly

thanks
but just in case you all didnt know, im not the one being a rapper.
Im just interested in producing and making beats for rap music.
Call me Trey.