So my birthday came woot! And I got some money and it's all going towards a new guitar since I have a piece of S**T Peavey 3/4 size guitar. So I'm looking for something around $200 with $250 really pushing it. I'm mostly considering the AL-2000 because it seems to rape everything in the price ranger. But if you guys can suggest something else worth looking at please do. Thanks much .
Agile, SX, and Douglas guitars, like that funky Jazzmaster-inspired Douglas, seem to be among the best values out there. Definately go for the Agile, as its very moddable later down the road.
I've heard nothing but good comments about Agile guitars, go for it.
All your base are belong to us.
epiphone sg 350 i think? i have it and it's really good for an epiphone. really fast neck and good sustain. very durable
really depends a lot on the style of music you're going to play and the amp you are playing out of. Personally, I'm an Ibanez person (getting one soon :wink and there are a couple in that range. I haven't played them personally, but I would guess they're okay for a beginner guitar. They don't look too bad either.

$199.99 - $224.99
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GRX20-Electric-Guitar?sku=519417

$250
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GRG170DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512496

I wouldn't buy anything without playing them though. Also, if you're planning on getting a hardshell case, it's probably going to cost another $100. So, either you can factor that in, or you can get a gig bag for a cheaper price, or even something used.
I vote the Agile. I'd say look for other guitars used, but I don't think $200 will get you too much. Maybe (I'm not sure) a used Ibanez that'll be pretty decent. But yeah, Agile is a good idea.
sg g310* sorry 230 at musicians friend but i suggest buying it at a local store they're always cheaper. or you could upgrade to sg g400 for 299.99 at musicians friend
Well I play modern metal, mostly hardcore (bite me), so yeah. And I plan to get this case with it http://www.rondomusic.com/peg20target.html cheap, and I don't need a hardcase well I'd like one but don't need need one. Ibanez and Agile seem to be winning it. Well I've heard Epiphones have shoddy QC.
ESP LTD, they're made of basswood now so it's not half bad.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
yeah i agree with the agile comments, either a al 200 or a douglas, they have this new one its a neck thru but its alder
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
yeah i agree with the agile comments, either a al 200 or a douglas, they have this new one its a neck thru but its alder

They make a neck-thru alder bodied guitar in that price range?
The agile is cool but if you are going from a 3/4 guitar it's gonna feel really heavy.
Switzerland is small and neutral! We are more like Germany, ambitious and misunderstood!
Quote by That_Guy!
The agile is cool but if you are going from a 3/4 guitar it's gonna feel really heavy.

Not sure that's a good reason not to upgrade to a full sized guitar unless you have back problems though.
Spine surf has my old (not old though) Hagstrom F-200 for sale in your range. It's a great guitar! Over on HC in the EG section there is a nice Kramer LP copy w/GFS pups $190 OBO dlvd. Both Mahogany body/set Mahogany necks. If I get this $800 bonus (iffy still) I'm buying 1 of them so I have another dble HB guitar
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Last edited by twisty571 at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by SGJCM95
epiphone sg 350 i think? i have it and it's really good for an epiphone. really fast neck and good sustain. very durable

G-350? no such thing. There's the G-400, and the G-310.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by TheProducer
They make a neck-thru alder bodied guitar in that price range?

yupp 150$ looks really good im actually gonna get one myself after my esp comes in and maybe stick some blackouts in it =]

http://www.rondomusic.com/spadblack.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/spadmetgreen.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/spadred.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/spadpurple.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1990.html
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
well it says set neck but it looks like its thru to me =\

it looks like shecters set neck too confusing xD
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by SGJCM95
sg g310* sorry 230 at musicians friend but i suggest buying it at a local store they're always cheaper. or you could upgrade to sg g400 for 299.99 at musicians friend

G-310's aren't all that good, but they may have gotten better since I got mine. which had a basswood neck instead of mahogany, so anyone who knows what basswood is like can guess what happened. I'd suggest getting the G-400 vintage, it's the correct type of wood, and is better quality.
Quote by maggot2011
Okay so as to not start another thread because it'd be annoying how would an Epiphone Goth Les Paul compare to the Agile AL-2000?

I'll bet the agile would rape the Epi.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'll bet the agile would rape the Epi.

I would have thought so thanks. I'm having trouble choosing what finish though. Black Cherry Flame (the darker one) or Flat Black? I've heard all finished are absolutely stunning in person though.
I'd say black cherry.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
i like them both but i dont really like how dirt an dust show easy on my black but its not flat so id so go for the red, and unless your an extreme metalhead or just dont care the plain black gets a little boring, why i went with the see thru blue on my esp =]

and +1 for agiles raping epis
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
At this price range i'd highly reccomend trying before you buy - quality control always isn't that great.
Quote by ash_attack
i like them both but i dont really like how dirt an dust show easy on my black but its not flat so id so go for the red, and unless your an extreme metalhead or just dont care the plain black gets a little boring, why i went with the see thru blue on my esp =]

and +1 for agiles raping epis

It depends on the epi model. An AL-2000 will most definitely rape an LP-100, but an Epi standard or Custom can definitely hold its own against most AL's.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
It depends on the epi model. An AL-2000 will most definitely rape an LP-100, but an Epi standard or Custom can definitely hold its own against most AL's.

well in the price range its a little obvious thats its epi competition isnt going to be a custom or an elitist..
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
well in the price range its a little obvious thats its epi competition isnt going to be a custom or an elitist..

You can get a used standard for that much, easily, and standards are quite nice.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden