alright, this is pretty much the same thing as the kid talkin about his iceman, cept i have no problem putting time and money into it.

my first guitar is this b.c. rich and i wanna puut a trem on it, probably a high dollar folyd rose...

is this possible? from what i understood from that thread you could do it but wouldnt you have the take a chunk out of the back of the body?

and if thats the case, wich im guessing it is cuz trems have springs n whatnot.

would the body be wide enough to dig a hole without going into the pickup cavities?

or is it supposed to be joined with the pickup cavity?

like i said i have no problem putting time into it and im making 700 bucks every two weeks just for guitar ****, so money isnt an issue.

i just wanna make my first guitar badass enough to where i would wanna play it all the time
instruments:
B.C Rich Warlock-Body Art Collection-June 2003
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Squire Strat (way sweeter than it sounds)
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
dude if your making that much just wait a month and buy a sweet ****ing guitar
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Quote by t heff

Or, you could make something from parts from warmoth. Seriously, that wouldn't take you long at all.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by codyshredfoo

like i said i have no problem putting time into it and im making 700 bucks every two weeks just for guitar ****, so money isnt an issue.

i just wanna make my first guitar badass enough to where i would wanna play it all the time

^
^
instruments:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
what series is this warlock?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
when your making that much money just get warmoth to build you something that shreds. those guys have CNC machines that do all of their stuff making it way better then any one could do with a router. And with them or buying a guitar with one you can be certain it will most likely play very good.
its a body art collection.

its not a SUPER nice warlock but its not a bottom of the line POS.

and this is my first guitar, i want it to be badass, well...as badass as it can get...

im thinkin about putting some de-activators in it, i played a xiphos and i liked em a lot
instruments:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
well, what kind of bridge does it have?
Edit: Oh, I see. well, you're going to need to do quite a bit of routing, plugging, and drilling for a floyd. If you want up-pull, only recess behind it, since I'll bet that neck has an angle.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by t heff

Because the guitar would cost far more than the TS's original idea.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I just did this to a guitar despite everybodys being negative about not just buying one. go to stewmac.com and buy the templates for the floyd rose tremolo and just get yourself a little palm router for 100 and ur good to go. jsut remove ur body from neck and electronics, tuneomatic etc. then follow template directions.
Quote by rockeraz
I just did this to a guitar despite everybodys being negative about not just buying one. go to stewmac.com and buy the templates for the floyd rose tremolo and just get yourself a little palm router for 100 and ur good to go. jsut remove ur body from neck and electronics, tuneomatic etc. then follow template directions.

on my strat i just traced around the OFR. not a good idea but it turned out ok.

@codyshredfoo: how thick is your body on your guitar. if it's roughly the same as a strat then you could use the old fender guide on how to do this. also have you considered a kahler. since you have a warlock you could have a guitar like kerry king. just do your research and play some guitars like your with them. it did alter the tone on my strat.
You could get a plank of wood roughly the same thickness as the Warlock and practice on that.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: