So I'm finishing up installing my new vintage 30 speaker into my valveking. Everything went good and my final thing to do is re-attach the clips onto + and -. Negative gets put on first and is fine. I go to put the positive on and...... THE WIRE IS NOT LONG ENOUGH TO CLIP ON TO THE + SIDE!!!!! I'm so excited to try out the new speaker. Somebody please give me a quick solution to my problem.... THis is killing me!!!
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Quote by tomsy49
So I'm finishing up installing my new vintage 30 speaker into my valveking. Everything went good and my final thing to do is re-attach the clips onto + and -. Negative gets put on first and is fine. I go to put the positive on and...... THE WIRE IS NOT LONG ENOUGH TO CLIP ON TO THE + SIDE!!!!! I'm so excited to try out the new speaker. Somebody please give me a quick solution to my problem.... THis is killing me!!!

Find more wire, solder it on.

I'm not sure if there is any other solution. Maybe rotate the speaker if possible?
Yeah, clip the wire in the middle and solder an extra length inbetween
Guh.
ohai little sig.
Quote by TheProducer
Find more wire, solder it on.

I'm not sure if there is any other solution. Maybe rotate the speaker if possible?

The wires come from the top of the amp so the way i have it is as close as i can get. What gauge of wire would i use. If the gauge is too big or small will it damage the speaker?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Quote by tomsy49
The wires come from the top of the amp so the way i have it is as close as i can get. What gauge of wire would i use. If the gauge is too big or small will it damage the speaker?

Match whatever gauge is in there already. If nothing else, at LEAST go bigger, not smaller!
i'll have to just twist them and electrical tape them for now till i can borrow a friends soldering gun. I seemed distraught because i wanted answers quick and didn't know if that would be a bad idea
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Quote by tomsy49
i'll have to just twist them and electrical tape them for now till i can borrow a friends soldering gun. I seemed distraught because i wanted answers quick and didn't know if that would be a bad idea

No, just make sure you get a good twist so you're making enough contact so you aren't technically dropping gauges in the joint. Tape 'er good too so it doesn't fall apart and short out.
soldering is best and heavy gauge speaker wire, like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
soldering is best and heavy gauge speaker wire, like said.

Yes, please only twist and tape as a temporary remedy. Solder it ASAP.
will do thanks
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
speaker is up and workin. thanks
Current GEAR: