Poll: Which way do YOU view the glass?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which way do YOU view the glass?
Half empty
14 19%
Half full
25 33%
They are both half, regardless of the other adjective. Doesn't make a diff
36 48%
Voters: 75.
Page 1 of 2
Mines never half empty/full. I refill it by then so it's always AT LEAST 11/20 full. Oh crap, it's 9/20 empty!
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
It depends on whether it got to half while being filled or emptied. If you fill a glass halfway, it's half full. If you empty a glass halfway, it's half empty.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
Neither; the glass always contains some parts water, and some parts air.

Therefore, the glass is full.
glasses are for squares...

i drink outta coconuts
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
Trick question. The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

^^^

beat me to it
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Depends on whats in it? If it is beer it is half empty and I look for another glass, If it is pee then it is half full and I look for another glass.
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
Right now, Half-Empty.

Because I can't find any downloads of a new band I just found.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
its both half empty and half full

the glass is just there. nothing is more or less than it is made, so make the glass anything
It depends

If the glass was empty, and someone filled it half way, then it's halfway full

If someone filled the glass all the way, and then drank half, then it would be half empty

/logic
Quote by demonmouse500
It depends on whether it got to half while being filled or emptied. If you fill a glass halfway, it's half full. If you empty a glass halfway, it's half empty.

Exactly. Or if you are drinking from the glass it would be half empty, whereas if you are filling it up it would obviously be half full.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Upside DOWN. WITH APPLE JUICE.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by demonmouse500

This.
i wonder who the fuck has been drinking my beer
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
I don't bother with glasses I drink straight from the carton
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
If you just happen across a glass that is half full/empty, and you can't see any residue or anything in the top half of the glass, then logically it's more certain that the glass was empty and is now half full; rather than was full and is now half empty.
wait im confused...

whats in the glass?
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
half lodged in your skull
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
It is completely full
one half is full of air
one half is full of water

duh.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
On the floor, broken.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
This question is stupid. If the glass started full, and you took half out, it's half empty. If you filled it halfway, it's half-full. If you just found it, dump the damn thing out! you don't know whats in that ****. Or better yet, to avoid all the confusion, just drink straight from the tap. Problem solved.
Ah, I remember when I used to be the "situationalist" for this
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
What the hell are you bringing me a glass for? i ordered a damn burger
edit- neither, or both. It may be half full, it may be half empty, but in reality, it is half a glass of water. Now stop it with you illogical either-or thinking
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Last edited by The2abraxis at Jul 11, 2008,
I think I said this in a similar thread but I'm a half full kind of guy, but if we're talking literally it depends, if I drink half a glass from a full glass then it's half empty but if I fill a glass halfway then its half full.
Quote by Duerksen
What the hell are you bringing me a glass for? i ordered a damn burger

Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
Quote by demonmouse500

That also was my answer.

I do like the trick question response though.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Page 1 of 2