I've got some Sony In-The-Ear sound canceling ear-plugging headphones. They are tiny headphones. Because of the ear pluggingness, the headphones deliver a stronger bass.
If I'm listening to bass-intensive tracks, could it blow the speakers on my headphones? Since they are so small
No, they're designed to deliver and handle strong bass. However, listening to music at full volume for extended periods can indeed blow them (plus its bad for your hearing, obviously)
Probably not, I'm guessing. Since they go right in you ear the music doesn't have to be very loud, I don't think It would be possible to blow it out unless you really cranked it.
Yeah I got the music full volume just so I can experience bowel shaking bass without having to get in my bro's car XD
Speakers seem to be holding up well so far though. Great stuff for $20
Quote by RPGoof
Yeah I got the music full volume just so I can experience bowel shaking bass without having to get in my bro's car XD

Don't.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by RPGoof

let me get this straight...you're worried about the bass blowing the speakers in your headphones...but yet you're listening to them at full blast in the first place? Listening to your music with small headphones like that will blow the speakers out period, intensive bass or not. Those speakers aren't designed for loud noise volumes, the headphones are designed for a reason, to block outside noise so you can listen to your music a bit quieter without having to damage your ears.
Earphones give a better bass response then headphones? I don't think so

EDIT: Wait are they headphones or earphones?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
Earphones give a better bass response then headphones? I don't think so

EDIT: Wait are they headphones or earphones?

I think that he's talking about earphones, and is asking if too much bass can blow them.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I'm not gonna kill my ears. I've heard louder in my bro's car, band practice, etc...
I'm not overdoing it. O_o Plus the fact that these tracks are pretty quiet compared to other music I have.
Quote by RPGoof
I'm not gonna kill my ears. I've heard louder in my bro's car, band practice, etc...
I'm not overdoing it. O_o Plus the fact that these tracks are pretty quiet compared to other music I have.

Yes you are. The source is much closer than those other examples.
Also, every time my band practices I wear ear plugs because I didn't before and I overdid it. Now it takes less and less noise for my ears to start ringing, and as a budding sound engineer this is a bad thing.

Remember, once your ears are screwed, you can't repair them.

What the hell is everyone's obsession with room-rattling bass, anyway? I mean, I get that it makes you feel the beat pounding in your body, but do you really need that in your car? If the bass is pumping like that anyway, you can still feel it with ear-plugs, trust me.
Better Head phone are Made by Skull candy Strating form $10-$65
Quote by ACG
Put scotch tape on your penis and icy hot on your balls

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
What the hell does that have to do with freeing whales from pirates?
Quote by fleaflicker182
Yes you are. The source is much closer than those other examples.
Also, every time my band practices I wear ear plugs because I didn't before and I overdid it. Now it takes less and less noise for my ears to start ringing, and as a budding sound engineer this is a bad thing.

Remember, once your ears are screwed, you can't repair them.

What the hell is everyone's obsession with room-rattling bass, anyway? I mean, I get that it makes you feel the beat pounding in your body, but do you really need that in your car? If the bass is pumping like that anyway, you can still feel it with ear-plugs, trust me.

BS can you feel the bass if you're using headphones/earphones, you can hear it but it's not as good.

And the reason for me to love high bass is because I listen to mostly dance music, so it's necessary.
wut
When I said I'm not gonna kill my ears by listening to it in my 'phones is cause I'm not gonna walk around all day listening to full blown bass **** in my ear. It was cool for a few minutes but I'm done with it. My ears aren't ringing and my hearing is fine. I listen to music at normal levels. I wear ear plugs at practice usually... I'm fine... O_o
Quote by RPGoof
wut
When I said I'm not gonna kill my ears by listening to it in my 'phones is cause I'm not gonna walk around all day listening to full blown bass **** in my ear. It was cool for a few minutes but I'm done with it. My ears aren't ringing and my hearing is fine. I listen to music at normal levels. I wear ear plugs at practice usually... I'm fine... O_o

Why does anyone feel the need to turn the volume to max on an Ipod, that's really unnecessary.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Why does anyone feel the need to turn the volume to max on an Ipod, that's really unnecessary.

Because they are stupid. I rarely turn it above 13/20 on my Zune
Quote by RPGoof
Because they are stupid. I rarely turn it above 13/20 on my Zune

I keep mine below halfway, usually below 1/4 unless people are being really loud.
Quote by MedicreDemon
I keep mine below halfway, usually below 1/4 unless people are being really loud.

Yeah when I ride in a car it's around 12 or 13
my PC is at 25/100 right now
Quote by MedicreDemon
BS can you feel the bass if you're using headphones/earphones, you can hear it but it's not as good.

And the reason for me to love high bass is because I listen to mostly dance music, so it's necessary.

I meant ear-plugs, not earphones (hence me saying ear-plugs). I was talking about clubbing/gigs. When they crank the PA you can feel the subs pumping in your chest, with hearing protection or not.

Headphones/earphones aren't particularly pumping with the bass as you said, but the trend in dance music is to over-compress the kick so the music swells anyway, so in headphones you're less likely to need so much bass anyway.