im selling my explorer so i can get this new limited edition Schecter Synyster Custom thats coming out soon, and thats gonna have custom Invaders with gold poles. Im not gonna change them out because i dont want to void the warranty on it since it is going to be extremely limited, plus it'll look cool. But im gonna swap out the bridge pup on my black Syn standard. There SD HB-108s, the poor mans invader, so what should i get. I want it good and beefy, with good bass and mids, and nice highs. I want it to be versatile, for classic rock, blues, but the thing im concerned about is metal. Think Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, At The Gates, etc.

And before anyone jumps out with 'whats your amp?' im getting a Peavey XXX stack.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Jul 11, 2008,
I'd say either an EMG 85 or a Duncan Blackout.
GEAR:

Jackson Pro Series RR3 (w/ EMG 81/85 combo)
Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Squier Standard Strat (w/ Fender Strat pups)
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
Duncan Custom or JB for that.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
why not just get the real invader.... but if your not into that go for dimarzio breeds or bill lawrence xl 500 and dont get the one off musicians friends actually find the ones the real bill lawrence makes
Quote by bjovi400
I want it good and beefy, with good bass and mids, and nice highs. I want it to be versatile, for classic rock, blues, but the thing im concerned about is metal.

I want a Honda, but it must be German made. Also, I would like a 350 HP powerplant, but I need to get at least 56 miles to the gallon. An option for solar power would be great, but only if I can still go zero to sixty in under 5 secconds.

I don't think you need to worry about pickups, unless you're literally drowning in cash. If you have (or will soon have) a nicer guitar and a nicer amp, mabye you should be happy with that.
Why not just get a proper amp instead of buying another guitar that's practically the same as the one you already have?

One things for certain, if you DO get the guitar there's absolutely no point upgrading the pickups whilst you're running through a Spider.

[EDIT] I'm sure that bit about the amp wasnt there when I posted originally

Best thing to do is wait until you've got the amp and guitar then see what you feel you need to change about the tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by foxthor_rider2k
I'd say either an EMG 85 or a Duncan Blackout.
If you change the bridge pickup to an active pickup, you either have to lose the neck pickup altogether or change that to an active too.
These go to eleven...
peavey xxx stack=? you would be best with a 5150/6505, but it's your choice

as for a pup look at the Duncan distortion