so i want a new marshal amp and ive herd some good and bad things about the Marshall MG250dfx. things about the fan huming while it warms up and junk. But i need a 50watt+ amp and i realy love the marshal sound.is the 250fdx good or bad?
An MG250 isn't the"Marshall Sound", it's just an oversized (mediocre) practice amp.

What's your budget?
Quote by T!AN
An MG250 isn't the"Marshall Sound", it's just an oversized (mediocre) practice amp.

What's your budget?

What he said.

Also, I doubt you need a 50+ watt amp if you go tube. What genre(s) do you normally play?
used 5150 FTW!

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by skweezmylemon
Rocky bluesy stuff

Right, then. All of the following would blow the MG away for that kind of stuff:

Peavey Classic 30
Traynor YCV50Blue
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

et cetera.

Quote by jcp42877
used 5150 FTW!

For "rocky bluesy stuff"? Not even close.
Quote by jcp42877
used 5150 FTW!

For rock and blues and a Marshall sound?

...I don't think a high gain american amp is the right choice...

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by Checker
For rock and blues and a Marshall sound?

...I don't think a high gain american amp is the right choice...

Bandwagon ftl.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by skweezmylemon
so i want a new marshal amp and ive herd some good and bad things about the Marshall MG250dfx. things about the fan huming while it warms up and junk. But i need a 50watt+ amp and i realy love the marshal sound.is the 250fdx good or bad?

Please use the search bar. Numerous threads already exist that answer this exact question.

But yes, the Marshall MG250dfx is an enormous waste of money. Sales for the amp come entirely from fooling kids (or individuals in general who are unfamiliar with gear) with the allure of a "half stack" and the brand name recognition of "Marshall." I can highly recommend the Peavey Classic 30 (the 30 watts should be more than enough to suit your needs), but I suggest that you go to your local guitar shop and try out several different amps.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
out of all the mgs the only ones worth buying in my opinion are the little ones and the 250dfx go for it, but you could do btr for the price
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
epiphone les paul custom elitist with duncans
blackheart handsome devil
peavey vyper

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by ashgray
^ That or a used JCM800 combo.

JCM800 would be better than a JCM2000

JCM2000 are too modern sounding...