Page 1 of 2
i just preordered my new epi Valve Senior. i hadnt even heard whispers of this thing. the website doesnt even have pics up yet. 18W, 2 6V6, 4 12AX7 and reverb.

so, my question. has anyone sighted this yet? first to post real pics wins.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
theres a whole thread on it.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
theres a whole thread on it.

pretty sure he wins

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
pretty sure he wins

+1
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
i search, but see no such thread. link?
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
the only thing that is weird is that as of last night they were gone from the Epiphone web site. Glad you found that Thread. Which color are you going to get LOL?

Edit: and where did you order thru?

PS: didn't bother to check site again.
its got 6V6s? i would have wanted EL84s in it. is it suposed to sound like a princeton reverb then?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
yeah well i bought it solely on the features. 18W 6V6 with reverb is EXACTLY what im looking for between my current VJ and my orange thunderverb 50. 5w, 18w, 50w. the whole shebang, you know? and plus 18w amps kill. but then i got REALLY worried. because epi took down the pics, and i started hearing something about funny colors and started to sweat and think WTf. i was worried will it look gay? will it fit on top of my current epi 112 VJ cab? until i saw the pic and found that its AWESOME. sweetwater is selling them. they ship approx august 20th. was also worried about dropping 3 bills on an amp i couldnt see or even get in the near future, but they dont charge until they ship. so i am way satisfied. should be killer. full review when it gets to my doorstep, i promise.

and im certainly glad they went with the 6V6. since the VJ is a brit flavoured EL84, and my Orange is of course a VERY brit flavoured (spelling intentional, of course) EL34, i wanted to see some nice contrast in the 6L6/6V6 camp. but tube reverb? maybe even tube rectification? matches the cab? 18W? sold. over with. no contendre.

but in hindsight, the combo would look a bit cooler on top of the existing cab, no? but also a bit pricier. $300 is about all i will spend on a as-of-now ghost amp.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by chea_man
its got 6V6s? i would have wanted EL84s in it. is it suposed to sound like a princeton reverb then?

Simply being a 1x12" combo with two 6V6's dosn't really make it a Princeton Reverb all of a sudden. I feel like there might be some differences. Like the biasing method. Or the transformers. Or the speaker. Or the entire preamp.
i have the pic, but apparently i am pic-posting-tarded. all i can figure out how to do is the attachment one. which is of course not as cool.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Simply being a 1x12" combo with two 6V6's dosn't really make it a Princeton Reverb all of a sudden. I feel like there might be some differences. Like the biasing method. Or the transformers. Or the speaker. Or the entire preamp.

yeah, lots of things go into it of course, but if one were to guess at its sound, as i am doing fro 300 clams, the princeton would be a good starting point i guess. and we all know what a good tranny in one of these epi bargain boutique offerings can do. but i guess that sort of defeats the purpose. unless you know someone at mercury mags.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
do this:
(Invalid img)
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
i have the pic, but apparently i am pic-posting-tarded. all i can figure out how to do is the attachment one. which is of course not as cool.

www.photobucket.com

Just make an account, upload the picture and post the image link.

Tried going back to Sweetwater but no pics, best of luck with the amp and I look forward to the review.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by the.spine.surfs

well duh!
but i figured since the valve junior was very much based on a fender champ, (with the exception of the output tubes), then it would make sense that this was based on a princeton.
but nice job trying to be a smart ass.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
yeah i have done the url thing before, but it wasnt working for me this time. ill run over to photobucket real quick...
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery

top row l t r: valve junior hot rod head, valve senior head, valve senior combo
bottom l t r: valve junior and cab, new cab colors

i think we all know why the one thats plugged into is the one thats plugged into
curious why the standby switch was added to the VJ hot rod though.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by chea_man
well duh!
but i figured since the valve junior was very much based on a fender champ, (with the exception of the output tubes), then it would make sense that this was based on a princeton.

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, I was trying to remind everyone that power tubes aren't always the biggest piece of the tone pie. I'm sorry about your ruffled feathers.
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D

top row l t r: valve junior hot rod head, valve senior head, valve senior combo
bottom l t r: valve junior and cab, new cab colors

i think we all know why the one thats plugged into is the one thats plugged into
curious why the standby switch was added to the VJ hot rod though.

Looks great, i'm interested in the Hot Rod though, is it the same as the Valve Junior just with extra EQ?

The VS looks great as well.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

VJ hot rod head:

* 1 x EL84 power tube, 2 x 12AX7A preamp tubes
* Gain, Volume, and Reverb controls
* 4-, 8-, and 16-ohm speaker outs
* Also acts as a 5-watt standalone reverb tank with dummy load output
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
guy from sweetwater called today to confirm ship address and also let me know that i am the first person to buy a valve senior in america. sweeeeeet.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
guy from sweetwater called today to confirm ship address and also let me know that i am the first person to buy a valve senior in america. sweeeeeet.

Nice.

Quote by RSX
so how much you buy it for?

The head version is $300.

Quote by Y0UNGBL00D

Sick.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D

You must put clips up as soon as you get it.

...As soon as you get it!!!

That'd be great. I'd love to hear one
Quote by chea_man
well duh!
This isn't gonna be based on a princeton, 90% likely. I'd bet on a JCM800-type preamp and a 1-tube reverb. My co-guitarist has a 6V6 JCM800 and it sounds fantastic.

But this is really very unlikely to sound like a princeton, so... Stop perpetuating the rumour. It'll be parroted all over the internet.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
i LOVE my Valve Jr, and have SERIOUS GAS for the Senior.... please to be posting pics/clips/reviews for us once you have it?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
And please make sure to post pictures of its back too.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
will do for sure. bet on it.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by MrCarrot
This isn't gonna be based on a princeton, 90% likely. I'd bet on a JCM800-type preamp and a 1-tube reverb. My co-guitarist has a 6V6 JCM800 and it sounds fantastic.

But this is really very unlikely to sound like a princeton, so... Stop perpetuating the rumour. It'll be parroted all over the internet.

well that sounds awesome too!!!
i didnt want it to be based on a princeton, i was asking if it was based on one, not saying that it is based on one.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by forsaknazrael
That sounds cool. Tell me more about this 6V6 JCM800 circuit..
Well what he did was build a JCM800 preamp circuit and then a Deluxe Reverb poweramp circuit, and mated them. Go on AX84, it's a combination of the 20w PP poweramp and the Lead I preamp. That's a JCM800 pre, master vol, no reverb, 22w. It's an awesome tone. Nice aggressive upper mids to treble, really good tone. Cuts through in a mix really nicely.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
nice!

i'm pretty interested in these too, but i'd need to try one first. also, it might take a while until they make it over here...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
true true. they have been pretty low key about it. trying you maintain their small, modable, "boutique" cred i guess.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by MrCarrot
Well what he did was build a JCM800 preamp circuit and then a Deluxe Reverb poweramp circuit, and mated them. Go on AX84, it's a combination of the 20w PP poweramp and the Lead I preamp. That's a JCM800 pre, master vol, no reverb, 22w. It's an awesome tone. Nice aggressive upper mids to treble, really good tone. Cuts through in a mix really nicely.

Interesting. Is it really as simple as you say? Just mix the two halves of a circuit? May have to do that someday.
Sounds tasty.
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
true true. they have been pretty low key about it. trying you maintain their small, modable, "boutique" cred i guess.

my biggest concern (well, other than it might suck, lol, which is always a possibility when the price is low) is that it might sound close to the VJ, except with different tubes. I know the blues custom ( i tried the grainger version, which as far as i'm aware, is the same thing, just rebranded) sounded extremely similar to my VJ (except more versatile, and louder)- sufficiently so that it immediately dismissed any GAS I previously had for it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, well, i mean, its a totally different beast. all the VJ's drive was power section pretty much, whereas here it looks like you will have some preamp gain. still single channel, but maybe a bit more tonal control than 1= clean 10 =dirty, so to speak. plus 18W amps are just plain awesome. there may be some fear of it sounding too much like a VJ, but i say that's how i know it WONT suck, and the tube choice and reverb are enough to turn a head or two.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
oh yeah, i mean i hope it kicks ass (if it does, i might get one ), i'm just pointing out my reasons for waiting until i try it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2