I may buy a Jet King 2 (JTK2) body for around $20. No neck or electronics. They discontinued this guitar and I really like the sound of this dieing breed. Doesn't hurt that Omar Rod.-Lopez playes it as well.
So I am just wondering if building this $300(MSRP) guitar would be worth it money wise. And if it is something someone can do with no electronic and little guitar experience.

Thanks.
It'd be a cool experiment. The electronics would be hard for you, but you can look up diagrams online. Need a soldering iron.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
its something you can do, but i wouldent recomend it... and an ibanez jet king? those are still produced, or at least listed on the site lol
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
if your taking a woodshop class with the right tools (table saw for ripping a fingerboard, routering the headstock angle, routering the electronics cavities, etc...) then it should be fairly simple. in regards to electronics, there are wiring diagrams for pretty much every pickup, check the seymour duncan site to see what i mean. without the tools, or access to em, itll be pretty time-consuming, especially angling the neck (super time consuming if your making a compound neck)
Quote by amcrambler
its something you can do, but i wouldent recomend it... and an ibanez jet king? those are still produced, or at least listed on the site lol

Yea they are just leftovers. They are no longer produced though. I would love to have one before they are all gone.
I also think it would be cool to understand what goes on in a guitar before you make noise.

Soldering should not be a problem. They have "How To" soldering kit for 15$ at hobby lobby.

Buying individual parts costly? Or is finding parts a hassle?
i actually built a guitar from scratch( actually i bought the neck) and the hardest part of it was routing out the shape and the guitar body. The electronics took about ten min(just some soldering) you just need to know which wires go where. I forget the sites name i went but it had schematics for basically every pickup wiring combo you could have.
ITs cheaper to buy a guitar than to build one, so i dont recommend it.
My Gear:
Washburn WI64
Fender CD-60

Quote by f22master
it is a tracking device so the aliens can find you and take you into their ship and do experiments on you!!!! DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

Quote by YourMessiah666
definitely sexy. all washburn guitars are sexy