Very
56 18%
Not at all
105 34%
To early to say
143 47%
Voters: 305.
Page 1 of 4
I been thinking about the Cold War. The US and the USSR were the biggest threat to the world ever(except Global Warming off course).

The US was always scared of an attack( all of the west for that matter), and for a good reason.

Now that is long gone yes? But I was just wondering, China has definetly climbed to the top of the world powers. My question is:

Should the world feel the same way about China, as we did about the Soviet Union?
Just so long as Americans don't get all paranoid of communism again, I think we should be fine.
China makes a massive amount of money off of the USA doesn't it? I don't see why we need to fear them as a military threat. A definite economic threat though, of course.
Not yet.

Even though China is a rising superpower and I think has the largest military in the world, the quality of the U.S. military would crush Chinas military in a heartbeat.
Space Reserved for

Epic Sig
stop reading newsweek

lol okay...
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Well, you have to take into account that the Chinese, as a race, are far less intimidating than the Russians. Compare:

Economically maybe. Militarily? Who knows.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by lateraluspiral
stop reading newsweek

lol okay...

What is newsweek?
economically, we should be VERY afraid.

when it comes to an attack or terrorism, no, we don't need to worry about them.
Quote by Mudmen190
*facepalm*

and again.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Well, you have to take into account that the Chinese, as a race, are far less intimidating than the Russians. Compare:

lmfao
I am Russian, so thank you for the compliment.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
Does China even have nuclear weapons?

For the love of god, think for a second before responding. Of course they do.

And yeah, I think China is a potential threat at the rate the US is borrowing money to fund the war. Unless the US can repay it fast enough, China won't be too happy with them.
But, when China hits it's recession, it will be huge. It's industrialising so rapidly, that soon there is going to be the massive roadblock of workers rights, occupational health and safety, all that jazz. It's going to cost China either way - hundreds of thousands of people are going to lose jobs, everything will have to be upgraded, etc.
Basically, China will have to upgrade it's work conditions to a shadow of the standard it is in other industrialised nations.

Quote by Griff_Kid
No, China's Economys too tied into the rest of the world to go to war with it, or any other country. Besides what would be the point?

And this. If China goes to war with America, theyre going to get a pat on the back from North Korea and Iran, but the rest of the world can simply cut their ties with China economically and trade-wise.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by dann_blood
For the love of god, think for a second before responding. Of course they do.

And yeah, I think China is a potential threat at the rate the US is borrowing money to fund the war. Unless the US can repay it fast enough, China won't be too happy with them.
But, when China hits it's recession, it will be huge. It's industrialising so rapidly, that soon there is going to be the massive roadblock of workers rights, occupational health and safety, all that jazz. It's going to cost China either way - hundreds of thousands of people are going to lose jobs, everything will have to be upgraded, etc.
Basically, China will have to upgrade it's work conditions to a shadow of the standard it is in other industrialised nations.

And this. If China goes to war with America, theyre going to get a pat on the back from North Korea and Iran, but the rest of the world can simply cut their ties with China economically and trade-wise.

Like you said, they wont be to happy if the US cant pay their dues. What is your opinion on what they would do if that was the case?
Last edited by jemocam at Jul 11, 2008,
i dont see why china would attack any country.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
i dont see why china would attack any country.

They could sure do it if they wanted to.
Too early to say. However, the US is in a way more "friendly" status with China than with the USSR. You have free commerce with them, and aren't in a dumb and dangerous competition to see who has the biggest dick.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
, and aren't in a dumb and dangerous competition to see who has the biggest dick.

Well of course not. They are Asians, afterall.
Like you said, they wont be to happy if the US cant pay their dues. What is your opinion on what they would do if that was the case?

You can't just invade a someone to gain their wealth, this isn't ancient greece.

They could sure do it if they wanted to.

So could alot of countries.
China thrives off of American consumers. although a good amount of chinese factories are really american companies who take advantage of the chinese work force, labor laws, wages, etc. it's overall much cheaper to make the product in china and export them to USA. so a bit of it is americans in china shipping to americans...in america.

basically, if china decides to get into a war with the USA, we would simply embargo them and....well, i'd like to think that would be the end of it, but i really have no clue.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
China and the USA have taken a laze Fair approach to eachother: I.E. You don't mess with us, we don't mess with you, but we still trade, ok? There is no threat for us from China, it's Iran we need worry about
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
China and the USA have taken a laze Fair approach to eachother: I.E. You don't mess with us, we don't mess with you, but we still trade, ok? There is no threat for us from China, it's Iran we need worry about

That's an interesting misspelling of laissez-faire
No, our relationship with China is nothing like the relationship we had with the USSR. We arent going to war or anything that extreme anytime soon.

Although, China is certainly a growing economic superpower and the US owes them quite a bit of money...
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by Kiwi Ace
I highly doubt it, China and the US (the West, more specifically) are too economically dependent on each other to wage war. Anyway, China could never even think about challenging the US until it has a blue water navy which, although one is being developed, is still years away.

Surely there's enough people in China to do this:

And float over to the US?

(the picture is of a ball of red ants floating from one tree to another in the flooded Amazon)
Quote by jemocam

Well, they certainly wouldn't invade. As soon as you declare war on a country, all debts are wiped. The US can't declare war on China to wipe the debt, simply because it would be the stupidest thing to do and there is no reason at all.
I would say China would just increase pressure for the debts to be repaid. It all depends really on how quickly it takes to pay back. If, say, America makes it clear China isn't getting a cent back, then China will be a very angry dragon. Or, if the US is going to take 200 years to pay it back, it's a game of chance. Are the benefits of invading the US going to outweigh the benefits of not?
My conclusion is that China won't invade within the next decade or two. China and Japan hate each other though, that's got a higher chance of there being a war, but I don't think it'll happen there either.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Surely there's enough people in China to do this:

And float over to the US?

(the picture is of a ball of red ants floating from one tree to another in the flooded Amazon)

We need an anti-flying-asian-ball missle STAT!
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Hm, there seems to be a lot of WWIII/China/Iran threads lately.

My thought: China has the US by the balls. If we stop trading with China, we will lose one of our main suppliers. And my thought on Iran too......
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Soon, the amount of Chinamen will be so great that they will just swim over and flip North American over... Soon enough... gahahah....GAHAHAHA.....GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
Quote by smile_man
Soon, the amount of Chinamen will be so great that they will just swim over and flip North American over... Soon enough... gahahah....GAHAHAHA.....GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!

Good god. You Canadians are weird.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Military wise,we should be more afraid of Iran
Invading China is stupid.
They make half of the shit in this world and they can stop exporting goods if the US invades.
Last edited by timo1 at Jul 12, 2008,
China only makes fake missiles to sell on eBay.

No, we shouldn't be afraid of them.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Page 1 of 4