Hey, I'm not the type of person who goes clubbing all the time, but whenever I hear that kind of music, I always really enjoy listening, so I was wondering if any of you guys have any recommndations?

This is kind of a bad example, but this is sort of what I'm looking for:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t0Frn8w2eaQ

Not a perfect example, but I figured it might help.
That type of music is considered Trance. Personally I think that is a bit of a commercial track, and not very good, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere. I'd look into Paul Van Dyk, ATB, BT, DJ Tiesto, and Sasha. If you want to find some DJ Sets of this, or look into other type of electronic music, then do a google search for "DJ Mix Sets" or "DJ Live Sets", ect.

And I'm sure you'd get better recommendations in the Techno and Dance Thread, in the other forum, in the bands and artist forum.
^Ew.

I knew you'd post underworld madcap.

Anyway, here's my favorite psytrance duo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXjNB43WRBk
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Trance ay?

Try some Sash! If you prefer less cheesy/Euro stuff try Sasha.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I think the madcap has better taste in dance music than anything you guys have said.
Quote by MedicreDemon
^Ew.

Heh, yeah. Underworld, Orbital and Boards of Canada are the only Electronica bands I listen to, where I know the artist. Te rest I'm just listening to on Shoutcast radio or something, and I never know what the song title, album or artist is.
Ugh I can't stand any radio anywhere, I prefer choosing what I''m listening to.
One More Time or something like that, can't remember what it's called. It's in the beginning of this though:

EDIT: Just watched the video again, prolly shouldn't have posted that haha.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Last edited by andrew12398 at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by MedicreDemon
I think the madcap has better taste in dance music than anything you guys have said.

I never said I liked the Producers I listed, I just suggested them based on the fact that he likes Underworld.

Quote by MedicreDemon
^Ew.

I love PsyTrance but I don't like the Infected Mushrooms at all. Which is wierd, because they seem to be very popular for Psy. They sound more like an Industrial Band with heavy PsyTrance influences, than straight up Psy to me. And I don't like Industrial at all.
Quote by doggy_hat
I never said I liked the Producers I listed, I just suggested them based on the fact that he likes Underworld.

I love PsyTrance but I don't like the Infected Mushrooms at all. Which is wierd, because they seem to be very popular for Psy. They sound more like an Industrial Band with heavy PsyTrance influences, than straight up Psy to me. And I don't like Industrial at all.

Well then if you've heard at least two tracks of each album you'll see they used to be straight up pystrance and they change alot on every album., but now if you've been on the myspace page you'll see they have live guitar/bass and singing/drums whatever. It's actually 5 guys live. And they are trying to bring the guitar into dance music more.

And underworld isn't trance.
Just wanted to say thanks, and here's why:

On just about every music recommendation thread I've seen, when people ask for something that isn't Metal, users always have to name a song from a Metal artist because it barely has a similar quality to the recommendations requested. I expected at least one person to reply with:

"John Petrucci has synthesizers on [insert random album], so it's kind of electronic. Check that out."

I don't know about you, but I've seen that here a lot.
Quote by The Madcap

On just about every music recommendation thread I've seen, when people ask for something that isn't Metal, users always have to name a song from a Metal artist because it barely has a similar quality to the recommendations requested. I expected at least one person to reply with:

"John Petrucci has synthesizers on [insert random album], so it's kind of electronic. Check that out."

I actually haven't seen that, I'm suprised the thread isn't a flame war yet tbh.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Well then if you've heard at least two tracks of each album you'll see they used to be straight up pystrance and they change alot on every album., but now if you've been on the myspace page you'll see they have live guitar/bass and singing/drums whatever. It's actually 5 guys live. And they are trying to bring the guitar into dance music more.

And underworld isn't trance.

Really? Every song I've checked out has guitars in it. I'll check into their older stuff when I have time. And one of the reasons I like Dance music is because there is no guitar, everywhere I go I here music with guitars and I get so sick of it. I love synths, because they are capable of countless different timbres.

And if underworld isn't considered trance, then what is it?
Quote by The Madcap

It's not metal, but I found "Party Hard" by Andrew W.K. to be a good rock party song.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by The Madcap

Yeah I know what you mean.

"I'm looking for some acoustic artists"

"Uh...Opeth have acoustics in some of their songs?"
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by doggy_hat
Really? Every song I've checked out has guitars in it. I'll check into their older stuff when I have time. And one of the reasons I like Dance music is because there is no guitar, everywhere I go I here music with guitars and I get so sick of it. I love synths, because they are capable of countless different timbres.

And if underworld isn't considered trance, then what is it?

On the gathering (album) and classical mushroom (also album) they have tiny guitar bits, but it's like one note really drawn out to be a pad.

Underworld is techno. I'm pretty sure.
Quote by doggy_hat
That type of music is considered Trance. Personally I think that is a bit of a commercial track, and not very good, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere. I'd look into Paul Van Dyk, ATB, BT, DJ Tiesto, and Sasha. If you want to find some DJ Sets of this, or look into other type of electronic music, then do a google search for "DJ Mix Sets" or "DJ Live Sets", ect.

And I'm sure you'd get better recommendations in the Techno and Dance Thread, in the other forum, in the bands and artist forum.

Really? It sounds more like 80's house or soft house to me. Deffinitely not trance. But well you understand better than me so I'd better stfu .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by MedicreDemon
On the gathering (album) and classical mushroom (also album) they have tiny guitar bits, but it's like one note really drawn out to be a pad.

Underworld is techno. I'm pretty sure.

I'll check out that album.

No. A lot of people call it techno, but that's because that's what alot of people call all Dance. I'm pretty sure Trance is the proper genre. Actual techno is really repetitive, monotonous, mechanical sounding music, usually with little melody.

Quote by urik
Really? It sounds more like 80's house or soft house to me. Deffinitely not trance. But well you understand better than me so I'd better stfu .

Sorry, I didn't realize I was acting arrogant.
Last edited by doggy_hat at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by doggy_hat
I'll check out that album.

No. A lot of people call it techno, but that's because they don't know better. Trance is the proper genre. Actual techno is really repetitive, monotonous, mechanical sounding music, with little melody.

No actually techno is the proper genre. Trance is faster and has more gated basslines.

I don't listen to trance other than psytrance though. But I'm pretty sure they are considered techno.

I know better than to call all dance music techno, I make psytrance lol.
Quote by doggy_hat
Sorry, I didn't realize I was acting arrogant.

You weren't acting arrogantly.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
You weren't acting arrogantly.

The ' ' threw him off, it implies sarcasm. I was thrown off too.
Quote by MedicreDemon
No actually techno is the proper genre. Trance is faster and has more gated basslines.

I don't listen to trance other than psytrance though. But I'm pretty sure they are considered techno.

I know better than to call all dance music techno, I make psytrance lol.

I just counted the BPM on that song, and I got 138, which is typical for Trance. Most trance is between 130BPM and 140BPM. And all of the techno I've heard is really repetitive and mechanical. I've never heard techno that sounds like Underworld before.
Quote by doggy_hat
I just counted the BPM on that song, and I got 138, which is typical for Trance. Most trance is between 130BPM and 140BPM. And all of the techno I've heard is really repetitive and mechanical. I've never heard techno that sounds like Underworld before.

Alright then I'll go with you for now, I'm just going on what I know. I thought trance was around 140-150.

Quote by Mr. Awesome.

Wtf how is that dance music?
Quote by MedicreDemon
The ' ' threw him off, it implies sarcasm. I was thrown off too.

Oooh. It was about myself talking BS about topics in which I don't really understand.

EDIT: Is this Trance, House, or Dance? Because I'm used to Psytrance so Trance may confuse me. By the way it's one my favorite electronic tracks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4cUq27-g1c

By the way do you know some Psytrance? In Israel it's really a hit. We have some good artists. Here.
Skazi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_ZHGjxDSk

Infected Mushroom:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hL6fkJ1_k
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by MedicreDemon

It makes me want to dance every tie I listen to them...

Quote by urik
Oooh. It was about myself talking BS about topics in which I don't really understand.

EDIT: Is this Trance, House, or Dance? Because I'm used to Psytrance so Trance may confuse me. By the way it's one my favorite electronic tracks.

By the way do you know some Psytrance? In Israel it's really a hit. We have some good artists. Here.
Skazi:

Infected Mushroom:

Trance lol.

Oh you gotta check out Astral Projection, some great really old school psytrance.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Trance lol.

Oh you gotta check out Astral Projection, some great really old school psytrance.

Checking it out. It used to think that Trance would be more similar to Psytrance. I thought that "follow me" is House for years .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik

Skazi:

Infected Mushroom:

That first one is Happy Hardcore. I wish I didn't click that link, Happy Hardcore always makes me feel sad. And for some good PsyTrance http://www.ektoplazm.com/section/free-music/ has tons of free albums, by artists that don't care about money. And most of them can be downloaded at CD quality too.

Quote by MedicreDemon
Alright then I'll go with you for now, I'm just going on what I know. I thought trance was around 140-150.

Some trance can be in that range, mainly Psy Trance. But the majority of it, like Epic, Commercial, Progressive, ect. are mostly 130-140. I mix Hard Trance, and that's also usually in the 140-150 range. But besides the harder, or more experimental subgenres, it's typically 140-150.
Quote by doggy_hat
That first one is Happy Hardcore. I wish I didn't click that link, Happy Hardcore always makes me feel sad. And for some good PsyTrance http://www.ektoplazm.com/section/free-music/ has tons of free albums, by artists that don't care about money. And most of them can be downloaded at CD quality too.

Some trance can be in that range, mainly Psy Trance. But the majority of it, like Epic, Commercial, Progressive, ect. are mostly 130-140. I mix Hard Trance, and that's also usually in the 140-150 range. But besides the harder, or more experimental subgenres, it's typically 140-150.

Once again I only listen to psytrance. So idk. And I've downloaded just about every CD on ektoplazm lol.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Once again I only listen to psytrance. So idk. And I've downloaded just about every CD on ektoplazm lol.

lol I love that site too. Even though I love Vinyl, having all of these 320WAV's of Psytrance makes me want to buy a pair of CDJs so I can put them to some good use.
Quote by doggy_hat
lol I love that site too. Even though I love Vinyl, having all of these 320WAV's of Psytrance makes me want to buy a pair of CDJs so I can put them to some good use.

I can't play vinyl so I don't buy it, don't really care tbh about the quality of tracks at all.