hey guys, i play a fair amount of acoustic but ive never had to service one otherthan string changes,

so, i was wondering if i can adjust the action on an acoustic?
i doesnt make much/ any sense to me
so its an art & lutherie wild cherry

i dont know really anything about acoustics, so maybe you guys can help me thanks?
You'll have to remove the saddle.

Then you can sand it down little by little, making sure it's still flat. Probably best to mark it beforehand so you don't go overboard.

But then again it could be the nut. Which side is it higher from?

It'd be best to take it into a shop if you've had no experience.
frets.com has very detailed and correct ways to adjust the actoin at the saddle and the nut and yes the second poster is correct sanding the saddle is the correct way to lower the actoin at the saddle. you could also check the neck releif to make sure that is correct all these things are covered at frets.com. good luck and happy strumming.
ya, i can live with it, but i dont wanna mess around with anything too severe, ill just leave it
i wanna buy a cutaway anyway
Quote by black-serenade-
hey guys, i play a fair amount of acoustic but ive never had to service one otherthan string changes,

so, i was wondering if i can adjust the action on an acoustic?
i doesnt make much/ any sense to me
so its an art & lutherie wild cherry

i dont know really anything about acoustics, so maybe you guys can help me thanks?

First off, why do you feel you need to adjust the action? If the guitar plays nice the way it is, then you'd be better off just playing it.
Secondly, acoustics out of necessity have higher action than an electric does. Thicker gauge strings means they need to ride higher from the fretboard to prevent buzzing.
If you want something with really low action, then perhaps you should get an electric.
I don't mean to sound harsh, but acoustics aren't meant for everyone. Many people you see in videos and so on make them look easy to play, but they are far from it. Electrics are quite a bit easier to play.
Lastly, if you're new to the acoustic, give yourself time to build up the required finger and hand strength to fret those heavier gauge strings.
If you want the action higher take off the top nut then cut out a bit of card to fit it if its not enough add more card until its good and for lowering it i have no idea but you could take a nail file to the slots in the top nut and file them down a bit but not to much obv
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.