Page 1 of 2
I just started to wonder what volume would actually hurt your ears and thought maybe I could make a better thread by asking you guys what you listen to your music at.

I listen at about 80% on my iPod, but it changes based on the song. For Guns N Roses it's like 80% and for Black Label Society or something new like that it's around 60%.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by DayTripper1967
it depends how much noise is around me.

the bar is at least 50% full though.

This.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
i turn it up to 11!

on my ipod it depends...
if im sleeping to music its lowest it can be
otherwise its about halfway
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Depends. If I'm drunk, the volume is at ten, always. But for the most part, I have it at about a medium level, Enough to where I can feel enveloped by the sound but not cause any hearing damage. I really don't see why people mindlessly blast their music full volume everyday.
On my computer, the Speaker volume is about halfway, the computer volume is at 78/100, and the iTunes volume is at about 2/3. I vary which one I raise/lower whenever I'm told to turn it down.
usually, whatever i'm using to listen to music is turned all the way up, for the reason that i'm going deaf from music and otherwise it would be tough for me to hear it.
PC speakers are at like 10% when people are home, like 30% when I'm blasting it.

Ipod is usually 25-50%.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
That question can't really be simply answered. All MP3/CD players have different volume levels, CD's are recorded at different volumes, acoustic songs will generally be softer than electric songs, etc.

The only three answers anyone can really give are:

-Loud

-Moderate

-Soft
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by inbloom27
usually, whatever i'm using to listen to music is turned all the way up, for the reason that i'm going deaf from music and otherwise it would be tough for me to hear it.

I'm afraid that this is the problem with me . Well I can still hear it well when it's not at 80%, but I don't feel as engaged. Is it bad that when I listen to Purple Haze on my iPod everyone else in the car starts clapping they're hand to the beat? That too loud ?
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Oh, also, my iPod is at about 50% unless I'm listening to Kezia. For some reason that album has a really high volume setting in my iPod, so I listen to it at about 20-25% volume.
Quote by {DSA_Soldier}
I don't know since I've got a Shuffle.

Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I listen to my iPod 100%...I'm not proud of this tho cuz now any lower is too low to hear and my hearing isnt that great but I love to be surrounded and enveloped by the music
It's Cadillac rainbows and lots of spaghetti
And I love meatballs so you better be ready
When I'm in my car, I listen to it loudy. Here's why:

I drive a Cadillac CTS...it's my mother's....but I don't tell people that. I listen to sort of club music (from CD's my brother has) because I like my image of pulling up on a date with CTS, club music, going 60 in a 35. Call me arrogant (I'll admit i, I'm VERY arrogant and show-offy) but my car bascally says "Sugardaddy here!", and it's amazing how much better anyone can look drving a CTS.

[/Bragging]
Ipod: 60%

Speaker system (two 2 foot speakers, two 6 inch speakers, one 1 foot bass) in my room: computer and itunes at 100%, speakers at 25%

Amp (Kustom HV30w): ~3/10
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by StrokeMidnight
That too loud ?

If it's too loud, you're too old.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Because of ear problems as a child, I physically cannot listen to loud music.

Say all music was arranged on a guitar amp, 1 being so silent you can barely hear it, and 10 being thrash-concert level blasting.

At 3, I loose my sense of balance. I become unable to walk, and barely able to stand.

At 4.5, I break into a freezing cold sweat.

At 6, I start to tremble.

At 6.5, I get nauseous and throw up.

At 7, my hearing begins to go, all I hear is a faint buzzing.

At 8, I get tunnel vision.

At 9, I shut down. I lose the ability to make a coherent thought, and can only sit and stare until the sound goes away. I stay conscious.

At 10, I pass out completely.

So safe to say, my iPod has never been up past 1/4.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by The Madcap
When I'm in my car, I listen to it loudy. Here's why:

I drive a Cadillac CTS...it's my mother's....but I don't tell people that. I listen to sort of club music (from CD's my brother has) because I like my image of pulling up on a date with CTS, club music, going 60 in a 35. Call me arrogant (I'll admit i, I'm VERY arrogant and show-offy) but my car bascally says "Sugardaddy here!", and it's amazing how much better anyone can look drving a CTS.

[/Bragging]

Almost kinda makes up for having no life, eh Madcap
At work I have my iPod a little less than a quarter of the way, both because it's quiet enough there that that's all I need and because I want people to be able to get my attention of need be. When I go running, I have it around seventy percent.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by synpet713192
Almost kinda makes up for having no life, eh Madcap
Actually, that's true. These brief 3 hour periods of going out make up for the 2 weeks before it where I indeed had no life.
Way too loud. My iPod is usually at about 75% with over-ear headphones, and my (stock) car stereo is at about half when I my iPod plugged in. I'll have it even louder when I'm listening to classical or other music that's not mastered loud.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
well ive got a music career ahead of me, so i dont want to be deaf now, so i usually listen at 60% on my ipod, and speakers are like 30%
A
Distorted
Reality
Is now a
Necessity
to be
Free
- Elliott Smith
I'll probably be wearing headphones or ear plugs when I'm on stage with louder amps. So far I haven't played huge venues and that precaution hasn't been necessary yet.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
15% when I'm falling asleep
55% when it's chill music
75% normal
90% when it's a really good fast paced song
Quote by megathrash00
I listen to my iPod 100%...I'm not proud of this tho cuz now any lower is too low to hear and my hearing isnt that great but I love to be surrounded and enveloped by the music

Buy headphones with noise cancellation, so background noise doesn't interfere. The money is worth not being deaf.
Quote by PlayMadness
Because of ear problems as a child, I physically cannot listen to loud music.

Say all music was arranged on a guitar amp, 1 being so silent you can barely hear it, and 10 being thrash-concert level blasting.

At 3, I loose my sense of balance. I become unable to walk, and barely able to stand.

At 4.5, I break into a freezing cold sweat.

At 6, I start to tremble.

At 6.5, I get nauseous and throw up.

At 7, my hearing begins to go, all I hear is a faint buzzing.

At 8, I get tunnel vision.

At 9, I shut down. I lose the ability to make a coherent thought, and can only sit and stare until the sound goes away. I stay conscious.

At 10, I pass out completely.

So safe to say, my iPod has never been up past 1/4.

What condition is that?
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
my ipod is at 100%. my amp is usually high but not too high. My stereo is a quarter way, because it is pretty loud. I have bad hearing too, like i need stuff repeated to me so I can get things done because I may not hear it the first time.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Driving as loud as it will go... because nothing says "Hi old lady i will never see again in the car beside me!" like I CUM BLOOD!
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Quietly, generally. My computer volume is at 50%, with the speaker volume at about 40%.. so generally loud enough to hear without annoying anyone else in the house.

I don't own an MP3 player, I believe they are killing our creativity and imagination.
I usually listen to mine pretty soft.

Lowest it can be when I'm falling asleep to it, and just a little more than enough to hear it normally. Sometimes I'll crank it, but not a lot. Or loud enough to drown out whatever it is that I'm trying to drown out.

Quote by James_Water2
Driving as loud as it will go... because nothing says "Hi old lady i will never see again in the car beside me!" like I CUM BLOOD!

Also, this. Usually if I'm in a good mood, I'll blare my music when I'm driving. Once you've seen them in concert, it's just not the same listening to it quietly...
While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded.
Last edited by Rooster10 at Jul 12, 2008,
Page 1 of 2