We Americians are hypocrites.

We make death metal and have some good prog bands, and then have the center of this type of mehness.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
its shit not metal
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
ehhh. some of those are alright. but for the most part whoever made that list needs to go overdose on semen.
What is there to think about? Coincidentally a lot of American heavy metal bands have burst onto the scene at the same time. So what?

You just better be prepared for the New Wave Of Australian Heavy Metal, which I will be leading in 7-10 years time.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
funny, I don't see a single metal band on that entire list.

Kinda misleading for them to call it the "New Wave of American Heavy Metal" imo.
Quote by AppleQueso
funny, I don't see a single metal band on that entire list.

Kinda misleading for them to call it the "New Wave of American Heavy Metal" imo.

Mastodon, The Black Dahlia Murder?
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
I'm not even going to bother looking at the list, but I will say that NWOAHM is a ****ing stupid blanket term that's been perpetuated by the media for the last few years, and is a complete load of crap.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
I would advise anyone who dismisses all metalcore as shit to go and listen to Winds of Plague. People who think all metalcore is Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold are just as ignorant as the people who make up terms like "NWOAHM".
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
instrumetal i will send you via paypal every penny i earn this year if you can tell me one metalcore band that i would like
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Added: "Ironically, although proclaimed as a "New Wave" of American Metal, most of these bands are actually talentless core bands that have no concept of good music"
Figure that'll be removed in a few minutes but it had to be said
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Added: "Ironically, although proclaimed as a "New Wave" of American Metal, most of these bands are actually talentless core bands that have no concept of good music"

I like a couple of those bands, but most of them do suck.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by MHDrunk
instrumetal i will send you via paypal every penny i earn this year if you can tell me one metalcore band that i would like

LOL
Haha, I won't even bother.

By the way, rejoin HMS. Duncan deleted you accidentally.
Get baked, study theory.

I'm on HMS mate SadistikElektrokutor

The recent edit you made to New Wave of American Heavy Metal constitutes vandalism, and has been reverted. Please do not continue to vandalize pages; use the sandbox for testing. Thanks. Nick Bush 06:05, 12 July 2008 (UTC)

Wikipedia 1, Metal Forum 1
Quote by MHDrunk
I'm on HMS mate SadistikElektrokutor

Good on ya.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by King ofKumbucha
Wikipedia 1, Metal Forum 1

Vandalism??? wtf
How is that vandalism?

FOR THE LULZ:
Wikipedia 1, Metal Forum 1, Microsoft Sam 5
^ How the fuck is that lul-worthy?
Get baked, study theory.

For some reason, when I think of "new wave of american heavy metal", I imagine an overcrowded dark pub with zakk wylde, a copious amount of hookers, and some vocalist with mutton chops and a cowboy hat is singing about how much he loves rum.

Better than a bunch of eyeliner-adorned thrash wannabes with poetry no better than a teenage girl's facebook note, though.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Better than a bunch of eyeliner-adorned thrash wannabes with poetry no better than a teenage girl's facebook note, though.

^ aka As I Lay Dying
The movement encompasses a number of different styles including alternative metal, sub-Gothique emocore, hardcore, progressive metal, mathcore, melodic death metal, metalcore, neo-thrash and screamo bands.

sub-Gothique emocore?

and people say metal subgenres are idiotic
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Hah... So it's not actually a genre, but a movement of bands which are (intentionally or unintentionally) bringing "metal" to the mainstream?
Nice catch-phrase they have there.
Quote by Kepulix
sub-Gothique emocore?

and people say metal subgenres are idiotic

I prefer comlicated insurance form-core myself.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by King ofKumbucha

Ironically anyone who confuses this crap with hardcore has no concept of the genre. Comparing it to other metal, and to hardcore shows it's most of it is just watered-down commercial metal, sometimes with a clear metalcore influence but too much cheese to fit in the same genre as Converge and Integrity.

Seriously though, NWOAHM is almost always used to mean bands that played watered down tr00 metal instead of nu-metal, there's a few bands that play watered down metalcore in there too, but the spazzing and 'OMFG crappy metal isn't metal!!!' is childish.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Ironically anyone who confuses this crap with hardcore has no concept of the genre. Comparing it to other metal, and to hardcore shows it's most of it is just watered-down commercial metal, sometimes with a clear metalcore influence but too much cheese to fit in the same genre as Converge and Integrity.

Seriously though, NWOAHM is almost always used to mean bands that played watered down tr00 metal instead of nu-metal, there's a few bands that play watered down metalcore in there too, but the spazzing and 'OMFG crappy metal isn't metal!!!' is childish.

Umm excuse me but... More than half of that crap is NOT metal...It's Metalcore.

The Metal forum agrees with me: THE LIST
You can go back to the rap thread WuTang.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Jul 12, 2008,
STABxYOU knows what he's talking about and it doesn't sound like he's calling it metal anyway

Quote by Stranglehold

I prefer comlicated insurance form-core myself.

Can't say I like too many of those bands, although I really like a few:

Avenged Sevenfold
Chimaira
DevilDriver
God Forbid
Killswitch Engage
Machine Head
Mastodon
Shadows Fall
Slipknot
Trivium
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
i personally dont mind some metalcore bands like as i lay dying, parkway but im also so incredibly metal i mean i think a sense of purpose is great..oh ****
who said that...?

nahh asop=embarrassing
Quote by Hellvitica

You mean nu-metal?

Well... I think it's retarded.

Metal needs to step up to artistry, not get all emo with the "I was raped and now I'll whine angrily" songs.

Every nu-metal band has experienced rectal tearing under the subjugation of a male relative. They are upset. Who cares? There are bigger things to worry about or enjoy.