In the history of metal, Summoning represents one of the more potent variants of ambient metal and an encouraging aesthetic for anyone tired of modern time. Protector, one half of the dynamic duo that Summoning became, went on to participate in several other projects focusing on a classic theme of black metal: an ambient consciousness from which a sense of beauty and thus meaning in life emerges. He gave us his thoughts on life, art and the power of music.

I think metal music is maybe just a bit burned out because music with hard guitars already entered already the mainstream the years before. Apart from very conservative people a super hard guitar chord is no considered as noise as in the past. I remember clearly 15 years ago when I was walking with long hair and a dark metal shirt through the streets I often was considered as a mentally ill decadent maniac by old conservatives; now metal with harsh guitars has become far more socially acceptable.

Protector (Summoning, Ice Ages) interview
I hate Summoning lol. Don't know what he's talking about because there is still metal that would frighten the fuck out of most people
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
who, me? more than you can count on your fingers, toes or any other protrusions from your body
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Summoning are awesome.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I love 'Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame'. 'Oath Bound' is also amazing but I haven't checked out the others yet. I will definitely get around to it though.

Never knew about Ice Ages until now either. I'll have to give them a listen too.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by MHDrunk
Don't know what he's talking about because there is still metal that would frighten the fuck out of most people

+1
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MHDrunk
who, me? more than you can count on your fingers, toes or any other protrusions from your body

I meant the threadstarter, actually; I'm pretty sure he's just False Profit / Contraband / Terror Firma etc. etc. etc. again.
He's a bit more sensible, and much more intelligent than FP was, anyways.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I think the dude is one of the best underground composer around today, he's show he can do epic black and ambient as good as anybody else (except for the dudes in Negura Bunget.)