ok so i play in Drop A, which is really freaking low, for those of you who didnt know. i just got a jackson SLSMG Soloist off of my buddy for my old jackson DXMG, because he wanted a floyd. anyways, he took out the active EMG's and put in the HZ's because he likes the tone better. i havent heard too much of the actives though.i like the HZ's, but i feel i could have a better sound.

so my question, i guess, is: should i stay with the HZ's, go to the actives, or get some other passive high output pickup?

if the 3rd option, what kind?
200w? they have those? that must be freaking loud
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by metaldrummer101
a marshall 200 watt tube

WTF!!!!!!!!TO THE BOMB SHELTER!!!

whats the name, not just marshall 200
It might be a Mode Four, ie. not tube. And for ultimate clarity, Dimarzio Evo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by T!AN
^ That's what I thought originally, but the Mode Four is 350 watts of lameness.

Oh. I still doubt that Marshall makes a 200w tube head though...
Older Valvestate?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by metaldrummer101
not that exact one because mine is old, but similar looks

You gotta give us the exact model, can't you just look at the back of the amp and tell us how many tubes are there?

Don't bother with F-Space, it's for Fenders.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by metaldrummer101
lol @ fenders.

and idk whats on it...its at the practice space

Then we won't know if pickups will actually help or not. And the F stands for Fender. Seriously.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
i know there are tubes because ive seen them...i dont know off hand how many there are.

but anyways, im trading that amp to my friend for a Rogue RG120R.

i love how it sounds WAY more than the marshall.

and its sitting right next to me, so i know what the number is....although the trade isnt official yet =]
So you're going from a tube Marshall to a solid state budget amp? In that case, pickups would be a waste of money.
Quote by T!AN
Just because it's open back doesn't mean it's tube.

Two seconds with google proves it anyway:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-RG120R-120-Watt-2x12-Guitar-Combo-with-Reverb?sku=487148&src=3SOSWXXA

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420