At the same time of course.

I wanted to make a video of myself singing and playing "Convectuoso" by Glassjaw. I can sing it, and I can play it, but I can't multi task. Anyone have any tips? Or songs I could train myself on?
PM me if you want to talk about the Red Hot Chili Peppers or hip-hop.
try smells like teen spirit it easy and a good way to do both
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
You need to sing the song so much it becomes second nature to you. That's how I do it.

If not, just practice both separately until you have them absolutely nailed. Then it could probably work.
try starting with songs were the lyrics follow the rythem and chord changes, makes it so much easier other than that just slow it down and practise lots
Try to see how the chord changes line up relative to the vocal melody. And if you're doing a strumming kinda song, do whatever you can to not lose the rhythm in your strumming hand.
play the song so many times you can do it without thinking. then try talking to someone while you're playing it. then try the lyrics.
I suggest taking this to the vocal thread, at the top of the page. Plus, you've already got some good answers here.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??