i recently brought my guitar over to india on a plane. it stayed in its hard case, and i carried it on with me, and it was pretty safe.

however, when i arrived, and played my guitar, it didnt feel the same. i dont know what could have happened, but im pretty sure theres something wrong with the action. for one thing, all the strings are at the same level and im pretty sure thats not okay.

does anyone know how i can fix it? there arent very many guitar shops in india, but i can get any tools i need. i can also post pics if needed.

please help!

thanks.
the neck warped, adjust the truss rod, did you detune the strings before bringing it on the plane?

something else could have happened but I'm 90% sure that's what it is, look to see if the neck is bowed.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the neck warped, adjust the truss rod, did you detune the strings before bringing it on the plane?

something else could have happened but I'm 90% sure that's what it is, look to see if the neck is bowed.

whaddya mean by bowed?

and no, i didnt detune the strings. i probably should have. what do i do from here?
Quote by sidvicious182
whaddya mean by bowed?

and no, i didnt detune the strings. i probably should have. what do i do from here?

if you have pics post them, and try to take a pic looking down the neck from the body of the guitar. and bowed means that the neck will be noticeably curved lengthwise, it's usually the most obvious around the 12th fret.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Hey Sid - did you ask about this about a Month ago? Taking a guitar on flight? Sorry, can't remember. I was going to say that maybe the pressure got to on such a long flight and sitting down below in unpressurized cargo hold.....until I read that you had it with you.
yeah ha. i took it in as a carry on. everyone was pissed too cuz the flight was full :-)

ill get pics up as soon as i can, but i think im gonna try an adjust the truss rod. ill find some tutorial on google. thanks guys!
It could have also warped from humidity. I dunno if you were in very humid weather, but that can cause any wood to warp.
GEAR:

Jackson Pro Series RR3 (w/ EMG 81/85 combo)
Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Squier Standard Strat (w/ Fender Strat pups)
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
Erm im not sure its probably easier just to deal with it or not play your guitar until you get back home and get it properly looked at.

For future trips a nice travel guitar wouldnt go a miss because they are small compact and relatively cheap
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
the problem is im not going back home, im going to boarding school.

and there arent any guitar shops here. its a problem, im going to have to deal with it somehow.