Which gibson les paul will give me that classic sound that they're known for? assume 1,500 or less. I'm into the black beauty/lucille look and of course sunburst. I love maple tops too.
You can find several on eBay and I'm pretty sure all of them come under the range of $1500.

BUT if TS doesn't like the idea of that still, I suggest something like an Epiphone Elitist and a pick-up change. Be it Seymour Duncan Antiquities OR some PAF's from www.rockmonkeyguitars.com 10% off for all UG-ers.
Quote by benjammin21
alrighty.. so an lp standard? what about lp custom?

If you can find one for that price go for it, but like I said try to stick to pre 2000 models. I don't know why the guy is so deadset against Gibson, you can get some damn good used Gibsons in that price range.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^ I'm not dead-set against Gibson, but I (please correct if I'm wrong) thought that most of Gibson's pick-ups were wax potted and the pick-ups found in vintage Gibsons weren't which gave 'em that honk, but I could be wrong and you would be better off with a Gibson.

And that I thought that used Standards cost more.
used standards can fluctuate, you can get one for 1100 if you don't mind buying a somewhat beat up guitar. and AFAIK almost all current production pickups are wax potted unless they are made for reissues and whatnot.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm