Hello Friends

the song is the only one in my profile, titled "where are you". Please look past the poor quality recording, all i have is a very cheap mic and audacity. let me know what you think

i will certainly crit anything you ask me too if you do so for me
Quote by its_alive
Very nice. Did you do the harmonica part by yourself?

i certainly did. did you like the harmonica part?
I really enjoyed the guitar/harmonica combination. It sounds very Bob Dylan/Neil Young ish. You lost me towards the end though. It slowed down and kind of lost it's melody. One other thing you might want to do is play more than one note at a time on the harmonica. I'm thinking it would be called chords, but I don't play the harp. I think that might make it fill out a little. But that's all just in taste anyway.

Good job overall!

Wadester

Thanks for the crit btw!
Very good! I really enjoyed that. very mellow and relaxing. I liked the harmonica, it really fit in with the song. I have some songs on my profile you can check out
Quote by wadester
I really enjoyed the guitar/harmonica combination. It sounds very Bob Dylan/Neil Young ish. You lost me towards the end though. It slowed down and kind of lost it's melody. One other thing you might want to do is play more than one note at a time on the harmonica. I'm thinking it would be called chords, but I don't play the harp. I think that might make it fill out a little. But that's all just in taste anyway.

Good job overall!

Wadester

Thanks for the crit btw!

thank you for the input . and im glad you said it sounds neil young ish, he is one of my favorite artists.

I liked but it could do with a little variety in it. Though I'm guessing it's not finished so that's a bit of a redundant comment...

Wouldn't worry about the cheap mic + Audacity combination. Exactly what I myself use and by & large it's alright. Probably wouldn't have guessed that had you not told us.
Quote by ~Coxy~
I liked but it could do with a little variety in it. Though I'm guessing it's not finished so that's a bit of a redundant comment...

Wouldn't worry about the cheap mic + Audacity combination. Exactly what I myself use and by & large it's alright. Probably wouldn't have guessed that had you not told us.

glad you like it, and yea. i came up witth the progression a couple days ago. most likley will turn it into a song at a later date

and the mic used to be fine. but it has developed an awful buzz as of late . but oh well, i can still get my point across with it, eh.
I liked it, but you should add some different parts in and maybe add some reverb. The recording quality was fine, i could understand it perfectly. Good job!
Quote by Fatty Sizzler
glad you like it, and yea. i came up witth the progression a couple days ago. most likley will turn it into a song at a later date

and the mic used to be fine. but it has developed an awful buzz as of late . but oh well, i can still get my point across with it, eh.

No worries matey.

And you certainly can. I learned a long time ago to to try & look past any recording quality issues. Bit of pot calling the kettle black otherwise

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907051 if you fancy some more crap mic + Audacity made music. I'd appreciate some feedback
Last edited by ~Coxy~ at Jul 12, 2008,
The quality is actually pretty good in this. I like the harmonica as well, but I do agree about the chords suggestion. A little reverb and eq could make this track shine. You should play with some of the presets in Audacity. It could also help eliminate some of the hiss and whatnot. But this is a good track overall. I'd like to hear a full version with lyrics sometime. Can't wait to hear more.

~Anthony