How hard would it be to eliminate the pickup selector from a strat, and have pickup on/off buttons?

Like a toggle switch for each pickup, and maybe an LED to show the status of the pickup?
Day by day, night after night. Blinded by the Neon Light.
sounds possible, should give it a shot, sounds really cool, post pics if you manage to do it
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
it wouldnt be hard at all. just get 3 on/off switches and wire the pickups there instead of the standard switch. i dont know about the leds though, i know as much about wiring as i do about divind by zero. dang that analogy sucked....
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I did that, though not with the LEDs though it would be possible, given you have a battery for them.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=3s_1v_2t_3on-offswitches There's what I used except the father off switch which is a bridge phase switch. The guitar was originally HSS, so I just stuck my pickup in there, it fit fine, but it does look a bit weird, but hey it gives it character.
Main gear
Guitars
Shine ST420F
Epiphone 1966 Limited Edition G-400
Martin DX1K
Amps
1976 Silverface Champ
Egnater Tweaker 112 combo
I've got a standard Mexican Strat, so I'm assuming the schematic would work just fine for me. I may do it when I put Texas Specials in.
Day by day, night after night. Blinded by the Neon Light.