Poll: Out of the "big three", which is your favorite?
Poll Options
View poll results: Out of the "big three", which is your favorite?
Isaac Asimov
4 40%
Arthur C. Clarke
4 40%
Robert Heinlein
2 20%
Voters: 10.
Anyone that reads SF knows these names. If you don't, you suck . My current favorite is Heinlein. I'll probably change my mind tomorrow, but for now I can't get enough. He raised the bar for scientific accuracy and literary quality in the genre. He wasn't afraid to ignore the various taboos of our society, paving the way for other entertainers to speak more frankly with their audience. And overall hes just damn entertaining.

But then you have the intimidating virtuosity of Asimov and the poetic idealism of Clarke. I'm sure I'll change my mind the next time I read one of their novels. Frank Herbert is probably my favorite altogether, but he wasn't one of the big three, and if I made a list of all the great science fiction writers this poll would be way too long. But **** what I think, what do you think?
"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." - Robert A. Heinlein
Id probably go with Heinlein but ive only read caves of steel and childhoods end by the others. they all rule though
Peace , Love , Death Metal

Quote by Super_Duper_Guy
It probably started at $55 but then he thought "You know what? F&*$ them. 1 dollar extra. pwned noobs."
That bastard...
Asimov

I just got a copy of "gold" (short stories, notes about writing, and other fun stuff)

at a garage sale.
Clarke. Childhood's End is absolutely amazing, and so is 2001. It gave me chills reading it. I think it's funny that almost every post has picked a different writer so far.

EDIT:

I think you're forgetting some amazing authors though, including Bradbury, who would reign supreme if he were on here, and Ayn Rand.
^Oh yeah, plenty of great writers aren't here. I just simplified the poll by only presenting the so called "big three"

Asimov

I just got a copy of "gold" (short stories, notes about writing, and other fun stuff)

at a garage sale.

The short story "Gold" is worth the purchase on its own. If the big men in Hollywood were as creative as Asimov, well, Hollywood wouldn't suck.
"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." - Robert A. Heinlein