well i put on some elixers today because mty ernie balls die really quickly and i found that i cant do bends with one finger now and im having to readjust my style of play because the strings are so damn slippery!

haha i keep losing my bends right in the middle of them and they snap back and make horrible sounds lol

does the slipperyness stop over time with these strings or are they going to feel like therye covered in vasoline until i take them off?
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
D'addario is the way to go
took me 5 years to figure that out.

Ok no seriously it sound like those are not the right strings for you.
My friend uses exlirs on his Ibanez S2170. They always feel slicker than the strings I use (EB's and D'addarios), but it does lessen over time.
Boil them in water first. Then make sure to dry them quickly befoer stringing. This will cause the odd coating to come off (they will still last a while) and feel well. They also will not stretch one you string them.
wtf dont boil strings! old or new. just give them a chance to get 'broken in'. Ive tried elixers on my bass and i remember them feeling pretty smooth
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
i think ill get used to it, they do sound really nice
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
You better not be riping on Elixirs, or you feel my pimp cane! I know no other string brand that beats them, and I've tried them all.

That "Nanoweb" coating does make it a little slippery at first, but it does lessen when you play it a little more. For me though, I have never had the trouble of slipping.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I am using D'addario from the start, and everybody was always ripping on me "buy elixers, D'addario sux0rz..." I bought them once, because the shop didnt have mine in stock. All i can say is, never again. The damn thing was so slipery, it was like playing on a dead fist. I took them off and put on my spare set (i always have at least one spare set at home). So i would say buy D'addario, they work for me.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I prefer Ernie Ball over Daddario strings. Agreed that Elixirs are too slippery, and I dont like that the plain strings break like crazy.
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?
Elixers are slick at first but once you get some use on them they feel real nice. I've had problems with strings tearing my fingers apart and I love that the elixers dont do that. Not to mention they have great tone, Elixers are the strings for me
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I always liked the slipperyness in them it helped me to move up and down the neck quicker and didnt make an annoying scratching noise.
yeah, that's why I hate elixirs, well that and for the price I can keep EBs on my guitar for the same amount of time.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
your not supposed to do one finger bends anyway. you have no control over them. and if you do have control using one finger, just imagine the control you have when you get used to using more fingers.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
your not supposed to do one finger bends anyway. you have no control over them. and if you do have control using one finger, just imagine the control you have when you get used to using more fingers.

huh? I rarely use more than one finger to do bends and I usually don't have any control problems whatsoever, you must have weak hands.

also it can be impossible do do compound bends with more than one finger.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm