No one told me moving into the next phase of my life would mean living with people!

Page 1 of 2
I won't even write a lengthy post talking about what the thread is about, I will just bullet point.

My situation:
+going to college
+going to be in a small three person dorm
+scared about the first few weeks sharing such a small space with two other strangers

My questions:
-Any tips or tricks you have come across when it comes with you moving in with people you don't know?
-How would it benefit me to act in the first few weeks? (meek, jockish, smart, pretentious, ect.)
-Any one else in a similar situation (ie, new college roommates)?

[NB. in reality I'm not that "scared" for the experience and am really rather excited but I said I was "scared" for the purpose of it being a conversation starter ]
Don't be such a pussy. Show up with a 6 pack and you'll be fine.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

You gonna get raped.

Seriously, though. Don't worry about it. It's not gonna kill you to have a roommate or 2, and you'll learn a thing or 2 about yourself. And who knows, you may become friends with them.
Quote by Link.JohnIrving

this is a good idea. Take something with you to break the ice
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
and get things straight first this is my 1/2 of the room and thats ya'lls 1/2...................
Im findin out who my roommate is in early august, so im looking forward to it
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by Peter Griffin
and get things straight first this is my 1/2 of the room and thats ya'lls 1/2...................

HOW was your username not taken before?
Quote by Link.JohnIrving

+1
Quote by synpet713192

My thoughts exactly
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
Quote by synpet713192

cause they know I be Peter Griffin! lol
i dormed last year in a triple as well. i'd give you advice, but i ended up getting one of my roommates to hate me to the point where his friends threatened me.

soooo......

yea.
Quote by Peter Griffin
cause they know I be Peter Griffin! lol

Or no-one else has a fetish for fat, fictional men.

Quote by gts86
i dormed last year in a triple as well. i'd give you advice, but i ended up getting one of my roommates to hate me to the point where his friends threatened me.

soooo......

yea.

This sounds like a brilliant story.
R E G G A E
beware of rape.
Rest assured, that with a heart that's pure, we'll be victorious and not let our hate get the best of us.
Or no-one else has a fetish for fat, fictional men.

QUOTE]
The only thing fat I got a fetish for is big sticky buds!
just hope they aren't lame
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
beer is a good idea. Be yourself, and don't try and set ground rules cause they'll make you seem like a bossy arse.

Good Luck!
Clean your own dishes and don't take a **** to big it won't flush and you'll be cool bro.
Feed your mind.
whatever you do...don't make eye contact..oh yeah, and bring a water pistol. just cos it would be fun =P
Quote by Link.JohnIrving

Don't be such a pussy?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
You know, just be yourself, mind your own business and be chill yet fun. There is always some tension and conflict in that kind of situation but it never needs to get out of hand.
"Look to your left, then look to your right. Chances are that both men will rape you"
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by richiemokkiez
Show up with a smile. Shake his hand and the ice will melt away.

If you're a girl then yes this might work
If a guy did that to me and he wasn't elderly I'd be like wtf
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
If you're a girl then yes this might work
If a guy did that to me and he wasn't elderly I'd be like wtf

K.

Totting your mighty ballsack of 'man', kick the door down, slam a 6 pack of budweiser on the floor and proceed to yell out "WAZZAP."
HI GUYS!
Quote by richiemokkiez
K.

Totting your mighty ballsack of 'man', kick the door down, slam a 6 pack of budweiser on the floor and proceed to yell out "WAZZAP."

Then kill everyone. Then you won't even have to worry about them.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Be yourself, but stand up for yourself if the need arises and don't be a push-over.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Quote by #1 synth
I won't even write a lengthy post talking about what the thread is about, I will just bullet point.

My situation:
+going to college
+going to be in a small three person dorm
+scared about the first few weeks sharing such a small space with two other strangers

My questions:
-Any tips or tricks you have come across when it comes with you moving in with people you don't know?
-How would it benefit me to act in the first few weeks? (meek, jockish, smart, pretentious, ect.)
-Any one else in a similar situation (ie, new college roommates)?

[NB. in reality I'm not that "scared" for the experience and am really rather excited but I said I was "scared" for the purpose of it being a conversation starter ]

Dude, if you think you got a tough situation, take a look at mine. I'm staying in a four person dorm at Georgia Tech. I'm from Virginia, one is from south Carolina, another from India, and the other from South Korea.

I'm excited for the opportunity to meet some people from different cultures, but at the same time, I'm worried that these differences will cause some major friction.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Scared, why? It's university, not the sex offender's unit in San Quentin. Just turn up with some beer, your guitar and some video games. Friends for life.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by richiemokkiez

Budweiser? You may as well turn up in a skit and with breasts. Bring a man's beer, REAL ALE!
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Pack a shotgun, and let them know you're not afraid to use it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
beware of rape.

Bro Rape...It's a dangerous thing.

Lay down the rules. Thats all i can say.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

show up with beer + weed = life-long friends
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Just act yourself

Try and make conversation, you'll soon see if you'll get on or not.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Link.JohnIrving

yes beer is a good idea
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Depends on how they are. I've had horrible dorm experiences (not college, but I've spent around a month at a time in a dorm on multiple occasions) because of noisy, obnoxious neighbors and roommates.
Quote by richiemokkiez
K.

I'd be like "dude you just fucked our door, and now there's beer all over everything". Not that I didn't have both those things happen to me at college. Bunch of the guys swapped most of the doors on the floor once so none of the keys would match.

I ask this of everyone with a dorm room question. Would it be cheaper to just get a house in town? Way more space for parties. I loved college for a while, but on Australian campuses you actually get your own room. Once you're legally an adult, you shouldn't be sharing a room. Where are you supposed to fuck? Are you really going to ask some girl to take her clothes off in front of your roommates?
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
just be yourself? sounds lame as hell but it's true. im at a summer program for my college at my college right now and i have "fake" room mates and they're all cool as hell. i only hope my real roommate is as cool as the ones i have now.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
I feel that you miss out if you aren't in the dorms for at least one year. After that, get the hell out and find a house or apartment. Two people is a good number though, as if your roommate sucks you can ignore him, whereas three or more people can cause friction. That said, when I had a single roommate things sucked, but two roommates (of different nationalities) was freaking awesome and we ended up as best friends.

Its basically a crap shoot. Luck has alot to do with it, so hope you are lucky and just go there and be yourself.
Page 1 of 2