The recent price drop in Les Paul standards has got me a bit curious. Do you think the standards are that much better than LP Studios? What exactly are the differences aside from looks?
I'm guessing better wood and hardware. Im not sure though.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Better quality check on the standard, that's for sure.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i've owned both models in the past. I think the diffences are cosmetic, on the standard you get edge binding and the gibson logo is inlaid rather than stuck on. i really couldnt tell any difference in playability or sound.

i think the pickups may be different.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by hminh87

Myth.

The main non- cosmetic differences are the pickups (Burstbuckers aren't better than the 490R and 498T, just lower- output) and the maple top on the Standard. And, the Studio only comes with a 50's neck.
Quote by hminh87

i gotta disagree, the standard i bought (new) not well set up at all, i had to have the nut filed down for one thing.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Hmmm you guys are making $800 more for a standard sound silly. I spose I need to get off my lazy ass and see for myself.
Quote by mousse8865
Hmmm you guys are making $800 more for a standard sound silly. I spose I need to get off my lazy ass and see for myself.

Most frequently the best solution.
Check out the Epiphone Elitists. About the same price of the Studio, and just as good as a Standard.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
Check out the Epiphone Elitists. About the same price of the Studio, and just as good as a Standard.

+1
yea the standard has burstbucker pickups and studio has alnico 490 and 498's....then the rest is binding and stuff...