Well, I'm looking for the fastest, and most effective way to train our drummer. Our band is trying to cover Master of Puppets, everybody in the band is doing pretty well, except the drummer.

We can't replace the drummer, he's our friend and we can't find anybody else who wants to play the same songs that we like. Besides, he's very determined to improve so we want to look for the fastest, and most effective way to train him.

Thanks.
Metronome.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Has he a teacher? Even though I hate them, sounds like your desperate.

Get one of them for him.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
If you want to train a drummer, you have to pull out the old "wax on, wax off" stuff...
Have him do ancle and wrist/fore arm exercizes. For faster or more complicated parts, have him Draw an arch for each beat, then mark 1/4, 1/2,3/4,and1 beats on it, then draw in each drum hit.for example, if he is suposed to hit snare on 1,and3, then base on 2,and4, draw in those beats on your arch,also you can incorperate triplets, or even 32nd notes using this technique, it makes it easier to consentrate on the individual beats.
can he just not play the tempo? OR can he just not play at all.

If its the tempo he's having trouble with, just give'em time, he'll get it up to speed. Just make sure he practices a lot and he'll eventually get itl
If he's new to drumming, don't expect him to nail Master of Puppets anytime soon, its not as if theres a magic pill you can take to suddenly become good at an instrument. Start with something more on his level.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by trey-col89
its not as if theres a magic pill you can take to suddenly become good at an instrument.

well there is adderall
Training Montages usually work.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Meh, outside of the people who actually need it, adderall is just an excuse for college students to take an upper.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Have him always practice to a metronome, and have him wear arm and leg weights so he can maximize his practice time. Make sure he isolates anything he isn't good at, and repeats that **** over and over.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
OMG. I know how you feel. That's our current situation right now. Although he isn't dedicated as us [all our band members switched to a dif school because we hated the one we were at so he's the only one at the gay school].

Anyways, a handy device called a metronome.
Oh and have him listen to the song and try to figure it out by himself to get a beat. Some people can figure it. Or start easy like White Stripes. Lol xD
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
what exactly is he doing wrong? please elaborate.

he's out of the beat... and he can't do the alternating beats - the one like that of Master of Puppets' stanzas' beat...
Quote by domenic_665
he's out of the beat... and he can't do the alternating beats - the one like that of Master of Puppets' stanzas' beat...

hmmm... well first of all, does he realise he's holding you guys back?
does he do this alot, where he's out of time for alot of the songs you guys play?
if he knows about it, tell him to figure what the problem is, whether it be his feet, or his hands. or a particuliar hand.