As the title say. I think I did something wrong with the way I wired everything. Hope you can help me.
here are some pic's of my problem.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Those pictures make it a little hard to see tbh.

Edit: Did you make sure you plugged the battery in/it's charged/everythings turned up/turned on? Lol. Best to make sure =P. These are the parts I always **** up on.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Jul 12, 2008,
wiring pickups is pretty easy, the wires are usually uniform in colors, red to red, yellow to yellow, etc. if this is not true in your case... try plugging in your guitar, and making wire conections while it is on, then hold an iron item like a spoon or something in the path of the recepting coils, if you get a high pitched squeel, that is probibly the right conection, you may also have a ground wire on the pick ups but not the guitar, if this is so... either attatch it to the neggative charge, or if you are the darring type, drill a small hole in the front of your guitar, and attach the ground to your bridge, the groung charge will go through the strings into you, that's how they did it in the old, old days, don't worry, you wont get shocked.also grounding the charge is specifically importnant in active pick ups.
Last edited by fret-less at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by Jesstaa
Those pictures make it a little hard to see tbh.

Edit: Did you make sure you plugged the battery in/it's charged/everythings turned up/turned on? Lol. Best to make sure =P. These are the parts I always **** up on.

Yeah battery is full. when I plug in it's just buzzing and with the volume turned all the way up it cuts out.

Any tips for batter pics?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Hmm, try getting everything neat, like put groups of wires in ties or something, so it can be properly seen where things are going to. Also, did you use the hardware that came with the pickups?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Hmm, I was comparing the diagram on the EMG website to what I could see before, and I didn't notice a braid going to the output Jack. Which I believe it is ment to do, if it already is, then oops, my bad, but yeah. Thought I might point it out.

Edit, I think I know you're problem. The braids from the pickups are ment to be the only ones soldered onto the casting, I think I saw 4 on the casting of the volume knob, the other two are ment to be on the connector bits (dunno the proper name lol). One is ment to go to the output jack and the other to the pickup selector.

Double edit: A picture clearly showing the pickup selector and the volume/tone control would be helpful =)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Jul 12, 2008,
That is the diagram I'm using.

and yeah I use everything that came with the EMG's expect the 3-way switch (it's a fender since the pack doesn't comes with any switches) and the input jack ( the EMG jack is to short and on the EMG site it says it's ok as long it is a stereo jack. and the standard ibanez jack I'm using is stereo since it has 3 of these pins and not 2 like a mono jack would and I resoldert the wires short to short and so on)

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Hmm, so are you sure you have the braids connected properly? 'Cause right now that's all I can think of that might be a problem
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Its alot easier to unbraid the ground shield on the pickup wire then solder just that to the pot. Its pretty easy to overheat the pickup lead when trying to solder that wire the way they show in the diagram.