Hey there,
I'm writing a piece of music, but I don't know what scale to use to write a solo over these chords

-0--4--8
-0--4--8
-5--9--13
-5--9--13
-3--7--11
-X--X--X

Could any of you guys help me please?
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
There's not a single scale that would theoretically fit with those chords. The chords are, in order:
Cmaj7
Emaj7
Abmaj7

I suggest building the solo out of chord tones and use your ear to decide what sounds good.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
There's no one scale that will work over all of those chords, so try to play around with the notes in those chords and come up with something that links them together smoothly.

Also, how on earth do you plan to actually play those last two chords?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
You may wanna try a C-blues scale with a flat sixth. I'm not sure how that would sound, but it may work theoretically at first glance
Quote by duncang
There's no one scale that will work over all of those chords, so try to play around with the notes in those chords and come up with something that links them together smoothly.

Also, how on earth do you plan to actually play those last two chords?

Middle finger on the note on the A string. Ring and Pinky on the D and G, and the Index finger barres the B and E strings.

And thanks for the help everyone, I'll try it all out.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
C, G, E, B, Ab and D# ?

That wont work with a straight major or minor scale at all. It sounds diminished. Just play around with those notes, but elsewhere on the neck I think.