Hi all, my current LP came with a set of .10s as default.. would the neck screw up and the action raise high if i change 'em to .11s? Thanks.
No, it would be fine. The most you would ever need would be a truss rod adjustment, and that is only when changing from something like .9s to .13s and if the neck has warped as a result, so the neck will be fine. As far as achieving optimum tone and note definition, you should adjust your intonation and your action if it needs it. On your bridge, plug in a tuner and play each string open, then play the 12th fret on the same string. If they are not the exact same note, get a slotted screwdriver and twist the screws on your bridge underneath where each string sits, left for flatter, right for sharper until the pitches match. Do this for every individual string.

Hope this helps
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
imo, it's never definate.
because right now, your neck might be bowed a little more than needed and the heavier gauge could make ur action seem high.

or if you take off all the strings at once, the neck might back bow a little and the heavier strings might be just what the neck needs.

there are a hundred scenarios. you wont know until you swap the strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ok thanks for all the help guys . Will probably stick to .10s, it works fine for me now and i wouldn't want to make trouble for myself. Thanks for the quick replies!
No worries mate

By the way, what tuning are you playing in, because it may be better if you do switch if you tune below D.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Sorry to ask on your thread, but you might be interested...

Would much adjustment be needed if you went from a set of 10's in E standard to 11's or 12's in C standard and swap back and forth at each string change?
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
^...

Quote by jj1565
imo, it's never definate.
because right now, your neck might be bowed a little more than needed and the heavier gauge could make ur action seem high.

or if you take off all the strings at once, the neck might back bow a little and the heavier strings might be just what the neck needs.

there are a hundred scenarios. you wont know until you swap the strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011