im looking for a guitar that sorta has the metallica look, and tone to it but im on a budget of 200$. i want a sort of white explorer type guitar that james uses or a nice flying v like kirks. know any good ones? i already looked at ESP and they cost too much.
Quote by TheHendrix_27
im looking for a guitar that sorta has the metallica look, and tone to it but im on a budget of 200$. i want a sort of white explorer type guitar that james uses or a nice flying v like kirks. know any good ones? i already looked at ESP and they cost too much.

If you have the patience, you can get a used Epi Explorer for about $200 ... they do show up on CraigsList and eBay.

*or*

Get some sort of copy from Rondo, new, for about $320 + shipping: http://www.rondomusic.com/product768.html

Quote by -Blue-
I'd save up more if I were you. A $200 guitar won't serve you well now or a few months in the future.

I've played my $200 Epi Explorer through a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II head and various 412 cabs ... it'll continue to slay by the time I have grandkids, I'm sure.
Quote by Ippon
I've played my $200 Epi Explorer through a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II head and various 412 cabs ... it'll continue to slay by the time I have grandkids, I'm sure.

with a high end amp any guitar will sound good