okay, so I got my answer on the question below. Now I just wanted to know what your experiences are with the Dean Vendetta Tell me all about it! lol. Thanks.

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I've been checking out this site for quite a while now.
I was looking for a decent guitar to start with (I don't want the entire house to hear me screw up on playing, that's why I never even hold my acoustic... complaining parents and such...), and I really love the Dean Vendetta XM. It looks great, sounds good, and it's my style. Perfect for the price (€129), you might say! Now this got me thinking, for about the same price you got an Evo, it doesn't look as good, but I was wondering what the differences are. I know the Vendetta has a string-through-body thingy, and the Evo doesn't. Does this mean I can't replace the strings on the Vendetta? Also, I read somewhere the Evo has sealed-tuners. Does the Vendetta has this aswell? What does it do? I kinda thought they were both the same hardware-wise. I hope anyone can help me out with my questions. Thanks in advance, and you'll be seeing me around the forums more often from now on

Last edited by StickySeatbelt at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by StickySeatbelt

I know the Vendetta has a string-through-body thingy, and the Evo doesn't. Does this mean I can't replace the strings on the Vendetta?

the string through body increases sustain a little bit. you cant change the string? of course you can replace the strings! it's a guitar.
there are small holes at the back where you should put in the strings.

Quote by StickySeatbelt

Also, I read somewhere the Evo has sealed-tuners. Does the Vendetta has this aswell? What does it do? I kinda thought they were both the same hardware-wise. I hope anyone can help me out with my questions.

the vendetta has sealed tuners at the headstock too. tuners, well they tune your guitar.

i've played both the Vendetta and the Evo. i prefer the vendetta of course. The Vendetta would have been my guitar right now if i had not stumbled upon my RG321MH.

Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
the string through body increases sustain a little bit. you cant change the string? of course you can replace the strings! it's a guitar.
there are small holes at the back where you should put in the strings.

the vendetta has sealed tuners at the headstock too. tuners, well they tune your guitar.

i've played both the Vendetta and the Evo. i prefer the vendetta of course. The Vendetta would have been my guitar right now if i had not stumbled upon my RG321MH.

Thanks! Your comment has been incredibly helpfull! The RG321MH are shexy guitars indeed :P Thanks again!
Quote by StickySeatbelt
Thanks! Your comment has been incredibly helpfull! The RG321MH are shexy guitars indeed :P Thanks again!

no problem.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Yeah, I own the vendetta. It's an okay guitar to start out with.
I've owned it since January of this year. It's a VERY light guitar incase you havent actually played it yet.
The tuners on my guitar are messed up and it goes out of tune.
I've had my volume knob get very loose, but I brought it to my local music shop and that's fixed. The extended fretboard isn't bad.
The shape is nice, and it looks good though. Any other questions?
I like my guitars like I like my women, with fat bottoms.
I used to own a Vendetta. They arent bad little guitars. They have an amazing neck on them. Its nice and thin but still plenty comfortable for chords. My tuners were great. In fact it came shipped to my door in tune! My only beef was that the humbuckers were a bit too muddy, but I fixed that by replacing the pickups, and the body is such a light wood that if you bump it while its plugged in you can hear it through your amp.

But over all it is a really nice starter guitar. Hell its even a good intermediate guitar. lol
Yeah, actually they are. Especially for $120. Hell, Im honestly thinking about buying another one for a backup guitar.
I own a Dean Evo Dragster, which is very nice. Look into that?

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Vendetta all the way. Though if it's feasible for you....I would go with the Vendetta 1.0....Much nicer guitar for not that much more money, IMO.
The setup & playability of the 1.0 (from my experience at least) vs the XM is quite different. The 1.0s that I have tried have all been much better off the rack vs the XM. It's not like I've tried thousands or anything, but a local shop does carry both and if you can make the jump, I think that the 1.0 will serve you better for a longer time. From what I have seen of them at least.

Don
compared to a Ibanez GRG 170 (or 270.. only 40 bucks differance) which one would be better? The vendetta or the ibanez? Because, if I'd go for the vendetta I'd have to order it, but the Ibanez I could pick up right here in my town ( www.vriese.nl , our local music store. It ROCKS!) I think the Ibanez looks damn shexy and sounds damn good, but I don't know about the quality compared to the Dean.
Again, if you're willing to go high enough for GRG 270, I would say hold off just a bit until you can afford the RG321MH. About the same style and feel as the Vendettas by Dean, but IMO a bit nicer than the GRG series.
Better to go w/a fixed bridge IMO, on these lower priced models. Many of the cheaper model whammies are crap & will really get you PO'd after spend a bunch of time trying to get them setup correctly and keep them in tune. Especially if you are fairly new to the guitar. That kind of stuff can take the fun right out of learning. A few years or so down the road, get youself a nice one with a real Floyd Rose or one of the better Ibanez trems.

Don
I would go for the Vendetta, I own a Vendetta Revenge and it's never had problems staying in tune, Like someone said earlier the sound can get a bit muddy at times, but it's not unbearable, It's a great guitar.
Quote by ChipShank
Again, if you're willing to go high enough for GRG 270, I would say hold off just a bit until you can afford the RG321MH. About the same style and feel as the Vendettas by Dean, but IMO a bit nicer than the GRG series.
Better to go w/a fixed bridge IMO, on these lower priced models. Many of the cheaper model whammies are crap & will really get you PO'd after spend a bunch of time trying to get them setup correctly and keep them in tune. Especially if you are fairly new to the guitar. That kind of stuff can take the fun right out of learning. A few years or so down the road, get youself a nice one with a real Floyd Rose or one of the better Ibanez trems.

Don

I want to buy after the summer break, and I wont have money for the 270 (ill be spending 200 bucks on the 170 and 60 bucks on a line6 toneport). Would a 170 be a better choise than the vendetta? I kinda like it better because it looks good, sounds good, and I can pick it up right here in the city. I wont be using the whammy bar. I don't want to spend alot of money because this guitar will be the first one ill actually be learning on. Thanks.
Last edited by StickySeatbelt at Jul 15, 2008,