CHORUS /FLANGER EFFECTS PEDAL HELP PLEASE NEED YOUR INPUT ON FIXING MY Chorus/Flanger pedal WHERE OR HOW CAN I GET EITHER THE BEST PRICE to have it fixed and OR PARTS FOR THE Guts. It slowly stopped engaging the power/effects. anybody have this happen? Could just be a loose wire but I figured if that isnt it I'd better post now. Does your pedals button, (actual button under the stomp pad) have "click" to it or does it just slide down and back up????? If it matters, Its an Ibanez CF-7 Thanks for your input
Last edited by SixPractitioner at Jul 12, 2008,
Describe what is happening in more detail, is the light engaging, is it a volume drop, is nothing happening? Elaborate please mate.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Ok, check and make sure first up that your guitar is plugged into the input jack on the right and your output jack on the other side is going to your amp. I know it sounds dumb but usually that is it and someone has just accidentally reversed their cables. Also, check your power source, if it is batteries, replace the battery, if using an adapter, check that the adapter is working or change to batteries.

Next, you want to continue the process of elimination, by checking each of the leads you are using are working independently by connecting each individual lead you are using from your guitar to your amp direct and making sure you get a normal signal. If all that is OK, then you know it is a connection problem with the pedal itself. If you do not know about the schematics and connections of your pedal, take it to your local guitar shop and they can probably have a crack at fixing it for you. Also, if that doesn't work, take it to the place you bought it from and see if you can get a replacement. Also, check that the actual switch is working by opening it up and clicking the switch.

That's all I can think of with the info you have given me.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Pawn shop bought- no re-fkn-turns but yeah thank you I tried all the trouble shots with the cables etc- Thanks for your time. Do you have a pedal? Does your button under the foot stomp armour "click" or does it just slide down and back up?
Dude, I have about 15 pedals, be more specific lol. Some of mine click and some don't. OUt of curiosity, what brand and model is this pedal of yours?
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Oh ok, those don't usually click when they turn on, they are a pressure footswitch.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Alright- I got the back off and I'm going to look around for burnt diodes or a wonka certificate.
Lol, golden tickets are in the overdrives mate, worng pedal!

But seriously, that's the best thing you can do, just inspect all the parts if you have some basic electrical knowledge. You are probably best off taking it to a local shop and getting it looked at because it is now beyond my knowledge as I don't have a visual of whats up. Hope you get it all worked out.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM