I got a Yamaha CG111S with a solid spruce top the other day. Maybe it's just me but the G B and e nylong strings sound a bit boxy to me. I cut my nails a day before I bought the guitar so they`re pretty short still but I tried playing my guitar with a few different picks (skinny to thick) and it still sounded boxy, especially the G string.

Whats going on?
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Eh, with nylon i NEVER use a pick, I think that makes it sound bad personally.

agreed
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Maybe...
How short are they? Are you picking with the flesh of the finger, or is some nail touching the sting?
I've just realised that after months of growing and re-growing, my nails have been to long! You don't need to have that much nail length to get a good tone. It might just be the guitar, or possibly the strings, have you changed them since you bought it? They get pretty worn out hanging around in the shop.
Quote by Meowskis
Maybe...
How short are they? Are you picking with the flesh of the finger, or is some nail touching the sting?
I've just realised that after months of growing and re-growing, my nails have been to long! You don't need to have that much nail length to get a good tone. It might just be the guitar, or possibly the strings, have you changed them since you bought it? They get pretty worn out hanging around in the shop.

Cut 3-4 days ago. Also the my guitar wasnt a floor model I got it fresh out of the box. But maybe the stock strings are crummy anyways? When I pick the strings it starts on the fleshy part then when I lift tmy fingers it hits the little bit of nail thats growing back.

Anyways I have guitar lessons tomorrow I'll ask my teacher since he plays classical too.
If you're using picks it's going to sound like crap.

If you're using no nails, it's going to sound very mellow, yet with little volume.

If you use the correct amount of nails(what the guy above says) it will have a flesh touch with louder volume.

If your nails are too long, they're going to scratch the strings and sound icky.
What do u mean with nails...?
I have an nylon guitar and play with a pick, i think it sounds better and my teacher use also a pick so i don't know?
Well, mine sounds bad even played with fingerpicking, so consider yourself lucky. :P