Hey Guys!

I have quite some trouble with my recordings. The problem is, that i had massive quality problems (also using the pmh 1000). Now I've figured out how to get an acceptable sound out of my gear. However I've run into some new problems.
Please take a look at the Pic of my gear. There you can see how everything is connected.
The Problem now is that if i tur up the Volume (main mix, over the red bar) i gett a terrible loud fedback (even if the mics are turned off) I guess the problem is the connected computer.
Do you know a better setting, so that i get a good sound without feedback?

Also i wonder if it damages my gear if i connect 4 speakers (2x2 connected in series)

Hope you can help me. THX!
Attachments:
Behringer2.jpg
follow instructions for the powered mixer when it comes to wiring speakers. It should list the rated ohms.

Get yoruself an interface for recording. A mixer fed into the stock sound card of a PC wont do anything great. Interfaces range quite a bit and the more you pay, the better features and quality you get. Presonus is a very popular and well known brand.
i don't really get the ohm-thing. on the back of the powermixer it says 8-16 ohm. on the back of the speakers it says 8 ohm....so what to do with this information?

oh, yea, i do have an interface! (creative: E-MU) so that is not the problem.

For my recordings i'm using cubase LE ;-)
Quote by FlexXxi
I have quite some trouble with my recordings. The problem is, that i had massive quality problems (also using the pmh 1000). Now I've figured out how to get an acceptable sound out of my gear. However I've run into some new problems.
Please take a look at the Pic of my gear. There you can see how everything is connected.
The Problem now is that if i tur up the Volume (main mix, over the red bar) i gett a terrible loud fedback (even if the mics are turned off) I guess the problem is the connected computer.
Do you know a better setting, so that i get a good sound without feedback?

Also i wonder if it damages my gear if i connect 4 speakers (2x2 connected in series)

Hope you can help me. THX!

From Tweaks guide:
So my advice is, if you want to both record to and playback from the computer on your mixer, get a 2+2 or a 4 bus. It's so much easier and you'll be happier with the mixer and will be able to keep it longer as the studio expands.

You should probably use the RCA outs to your interface, then use the powered mixer to handle the speakers. The ohms thing determines whether your mixer can work with the speakers you're using (there's a different resistance for one than two). Here's a detailed explanation on that.

I think you'll have a problem linking the speakers together (32 ohms), and even if it wasn't a problem, I doubt you'll have enough power to drive them. Wattage is a more important consideration. Look into the Behringer EP2500 for a killer amp for the price (DJdeals.com had the best price I've found).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Jul 13, 2008,
@moody: thx, i'll try it there ;-)

@Fast Fingers:

check my pic. these are the RCA i'm using, aren't they?
Use both RCAs for input and output, that's what I was meaning. For some reason, you are using your computer like an FX insert with one of the cables. Inserts are meant for sending a signal and receiving a processed one right away. That could explain the feedback. It's meant for devices like compressors or EQ.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101