Poll: Which web browser do you use?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which web browser do you use?
Internet Explorer
24 11%
Mozilla Firefox
154 74%
AOL Explorer
0 0%
Safari
11 5%
Opera
16 8%
Something else
4 2%
Voters: 209.
Page 1 of 2
Just wondered what the majority of UG uses as their web browser. Most people on the web apparently use Internet Explorer with around 15-20% now using Firefox.

Personally I've used Firefox for around a year or so now and it's the best one I've come across. I'm using version 3.0 with a NASA skin based on the night time launch of STS-116. It's nice and dark. There's also a little rocket animation at the top-right corner of the browser that launches when you load a page, which I think is pretty cool.

Currently, I am using Safari.

But when I am on my PC, I use Firefox 2. I need to update to the new Firefox soon!
Saint Louis Blues
Firefox for a good few years, standard skin on version 3 now, might download that NASA one though, look sek-see.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Firefox. I've always thought it was nicer and faster than IE.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I use the stock BT Yahoo! browser.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
IE7. Never had any complaints or problems with it... Just the rest of Vista and the whole wireless connection thing!
I think the overall statistics will be different to those collected on a forum. People who use forums are generally more internetically-adept than more casual browsers. Forum dwellers and other FOCKIN SERIOUS internet users are more likely to know of the advantages of browsers other than IE.

I use Firefox, btw
Quote by Jaymz_515
Firefox for a good few years, standard skin on version 3 now, might download that NASA one though, look sek-see.

Here's a link to it if you do decide to get it.
firefox for like 3 years now, it's gotten to the point where I get really pissed surfing the net without scriptmonkey and adblock.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Firefox is best for PC and Opera is best if its on a rubbish pc. IE is just rubbish.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
How do you make Firefox black??
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by sashki
I think the overall statistics will be different to those collected on a forum. People who use forums are generally more internetically-adept than more casual browsers. Forum dwellers and other FOCKIN SERIOUS internet users are more likely to know of the advantages of browsers other than IE.

I use Firefox, btw

This is true. I personally have no quarrels with IE7, though.
Firefox. Tried to use my parents laptop the other day, they only have IE. So many bloody pop ups... Ended up accidentally closing my window trying to get them all.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by Glimsom
Firefox. Tried to use my parents laptop the other day, they only have IE. So many bloody pop ups... Ended up accidentally closing my window trying to get them all.

Google Toolbar, instant fix. I never, ever ever, have pop up problems.
I simply can't go back to IE.

I mean, seriously. IE doesn't have a built in NES emulator, now does it?

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
My thread is in the TS's picture!

I use Firefox cause Internet Explorer won't work on my Laptop
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Firefox 3.0 using a skin called Aero Fox which is mainly black and blue. It looks sexy
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Quote by paintITblack39
robbie makes his temporary comeback?

Aye, I tend to come back for a few days every few months to see how people are getting on.
I use firefox- it's so much faster than IE, and I get a lot less popups.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
IE 7 - never had any problems with it..............Firefox gets to the stage where it takes ages to load up and it doesnt offer anything different from IE.
I originally used Firefox, but something ****ed up, so I had to uninstall it, and had to use Safari for another coupledays. I would still be using it, but I hate those godamned popups
Firefox, definitely.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by clement1
and it doesnt offer anything different from IE.

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by lordoflossarnac
opera ftw
+1

Opera is immense when you've got it down to a black minimalist skin. The only thing they did wrong was call is 'Opera' instead of something cool like 'Firefox'.

It just customises better than any other browser that Ive used, if you don't like the look of any of it you can just right click and change it to however you want.

Also, it really ****S ME OFF when I have to use another browser that doesn't have mouse gestures and custom search capability, whenever I've got to search for something I'm thinking to myself, **** it would have been faster to download & install opera and use that by now.

So I use Opera and Firefox, but IMO Opera's got the edge if you know how to use it, even though firefox is more stable and now has extensions to cover most of the stuff I've been using in Opera for the last 5 years, shame about the name.

/geeky post
safari. never found the need for another...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Firefox, with the same NASA skin.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Firefox 2 ftw!
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
because it's just new, im still waiting on some updates that I used to use, google preview for one, and the one where you click the tab bar a new tab opens at your home page.
Quote by andrew12398
Firefox. I've always thought it was nicer and faster than IE.

I used to think the opposite until I downloaded FF2, and then FF3 a few days later. Now I'm in love with it. I've had no problems except that my Adblock Plus has stopped working, but that's no big deal at all.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Page 1 of 2