Page 1 of 2
My Birthday is coming up soon an I asked my dad if I could get a Peavey Valveking 112 (£280) as it is the only thing that I have found for a decent pice but has the sound I want (I have tried it).

But, I want to know now before I get my dad to buy it next weekend If I should get anything better (amp) with that bugget for what I play.

I play: Blues Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock and some Old School Metal (e.g I don't scoop the mids).

Thanks
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar
Horlicks, The problem with the Laney is that nowhere I can find sells them exept on the internet, plus I don't wan't to buy a valve amp on the internet cause I like to try before I buy. Also I want something with a 12" Speaker. Thanks Anyway.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Also I am wondering wether or not to get a Tube Screamer Pedal or not If I get some money for my Digitech Hot Head
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Cool I'll try and find one somewhere, thanks.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
VC30- 112 maybe?

possibly too loud if you're sticking to bedroom playing.... and slightly overbudget
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Stretch another £20 and buy a Laney VC30.

Surely at least one shop in London must stock them for you to try? Denmark street?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
do you play more hard rock and old school metal, or more blues rock and classic rock?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm in the same situation, I'll probably get a Laney VC-15 and just use a Marshall Shredmaster pedal or something to get any distortion I want out of it
i play similar stuff (except the metal) and i must say....

dont bother with the Laney LC15! Vc15s are supposed to be great though. I know its not helping you by telling you what not to get, but its cheap price might tempt you! I made the mistake, wouldnt want you too! luckily it takes to my Tonelab a treat for bedroom practice, but when i first got to crank the amp to its full potential i was very disappointed
Quote by Horlicks
Laney VC15

+1.

Btw, I got mine from the internet, and I've never been more happy.
A good amp (although mine needs new tubes).
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
you should be able to find a used peavey classic 30 for just a little more. I got mine for £300. With an OD pedal that should meet your needs.
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
I will probably buy the VK but I have heard the speakers aren't that good so can someone suggest what would be good replacements. By the way I play more Classic and Hard Rock, not much Metal. I also want to get a warm sound from the new speaker.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Buy the way I was looking In Denmark Street to buy the VK, so I couldn't find any there timi_hendrix.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Nah, I need something I can try in-store, I won't trust internet when it come to buying a valve amp.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
fair enough, but u can send it back if u dont like it and he has 2009 feedback 100 percent
I know but knowing my post service I would take 4 weeks before it got anywhere nere my door and my birthday is in a week.

Also does anyone have suggestions on wether I should replace the speaker on the VK if I get one.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
personally, i wouldn't worry about the speaker just yet. I would recommend an OD pedal tho right away either a tubescreamer stylie or a Bad Monkey.

the speaker will take some time to break in as well as you will need time to tweak everything amp wise. There are tons of discussions on speakers and you can also read thru The Only Valveking Thread - which I think currently is on the 2nd page.

good luck.
Thanks
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Personally I think changing the speaker in a VK is a bit of a waste of money (then again I just don't like VKs), but if you've tried the amp and liked it, then by all means go ahead.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Any other suggestions then, I'm going to demark street tomorrow If I can, so what should I look out for, If not the VK? Or should I just stay with my first choice(VK). Sry I get a bit edgy If I have to make a descision like this, cause' Its my only big gift this B-Day. I will get some DVDs etc. but this is my big gift type thing. Same with my guitar last year.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Bump, Need Awnsers Tonight
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
I have a Vk and there nice amps, although there not extreamly vintage there more voiced for modern stuff but if you like it go ahead, i play alsorts on it from funk/jazz to metal.

My best advise is just try out everything in you price range but also abit above because it shows you what great amps can sound like and then you can see the closest thing (You think) sounds great in that price range and is worth the money.
Quote by Zakk_Lp
I have a Vk and there nice amps, although there not extreamly vintage there more voiced for modern stuff but if you like it go ahead, i play alsorts on it from funk/jazz to metal.

My best advise is just try out everything in you price range but also abit above because it shows you what great amps can sound like and then you can see the closest thing (You think) sounds great in that price range and is worth the money.

Excellent point!

Tokai - do you have a view into what is available at these various shops? I take it this is an area highly influenced by music and there is lots of gear to choose from in various shops? Denmark Street? And do you have a short list or a long list going?
just be careful, denmark street prices can be terrible, and some of the shops are pretty unscrupulous (they're willing to lie to get a sale, basically). vintage and rare and wunjo are pretty cool, though. i'd head to the wembley guitar centre myself if i were wanting to try peavey around london, though i think rhodes music in denmark street is a peavey dealer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have a jcm 900 you can have for 250

100watt tube

thing is im in yorkshire...........
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Dave_Mc
just be careful, denmark street prices can be terrible, and some of the shops are pretty unscrupulous (they're willing to lie to get a sale, basically). vintage and rare and wunjo are pretty cool, though. i'd head to the wembley guitar centre myself if i were wanting to try peavey around london, though i think rhodes music in denmark street is a peavey dealer.

yeah, this is what i was talking about.

Dave_Mc as usual.

get a game plan down of where you are going and how much time you have at each. find their web sites and get a feel for what they have so you don't waste time just walking into stores randomly. Also get a feel for price floors and ceilings. Go as early as you can before it gets crowded.

of course, buy the time you read this you may have already left. Good luck and let us know what you find. pics are cool too.
Im still here. Dave_MC I was looking in Rohdes Music already for the peavey. Does anyone know any better amps in my price range for my style of music(Hard Rock, but abit warmer tone).
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
They have Peavey Classic 30s but I don't think I can trech my buget that far. Also I cannot find Laney's Anywhere and their only stocked in the UK.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
bump, I leave at 11am
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Thanks
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi

I'm going crazy about this cause whatever I decide to buy I'm gonna have to stick with as I don't get pocket money and I can't get a part time job anywhere.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Page 1 of 2