A guy in my area is selling a Historic 59 Les Paul Reissue for $800. He says it is in about 75% condition, whatever that means.

I mean, this usually sells for around $4000 or $5000, right? Would I be crazy to pass this deal up?

Even if I didn't keep it, I could probably turn it around and sell it on ebay for a lot more, right?
probaly a fake

if it's real
you're stupid to not buy it even if you don't like it you can get a huge profit out of it
a bloke sold me a one year old Les Paul standard that had never been out of this one room for £750. NOw he seling a Plexi Super lead for £550, anywho. i'd say go for it you'll now if its fake when you try it surely. Look up signs of a fake on the interweb
its fake guarunteed. think about it.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
probably a fake, take photos if you can, you can email gibson photos as well and ask them what they think, they are usually helpful
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple
probably a fake, take photos if you can, you can email gibson photos as well and ask them what they think, they are usually helpful

this.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
hey if you buy it and it is a fake you could to try to pass it as a real one like he is, but probally a fake.
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Haven't you guys thought maybe the guy's an idiot and doesn't know how much its actually worth? TS go take some pictures and go check the serial number, if it checks out alright with Gibson...then go for it....fake guaranteed...what the **** do you guys know?
Quote by lemonsquares42
He has serial numbers up; I'll check them out online.

serial numbers are easy to copy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well.

I emailed the guy about the guitar; hoping to learn where he lived and when I could stop by to check out the guitar. I got this email in response:

The item is still available. For the moment I am out of town with some business and I have access only to the internet connection, here at the hotel. Anyway, the shipping will be free and return policy included. I will tell you from the beginning that if you are decided to move forward with the transaction we are going to have a safe deal through iEscrow. They offer a very good service, a 10 day money back guarantee starting the day you receive the item and they guarantee that you receive the item exactly as described. So to go next with this transaction I'll need your full name, shipping address and phone #. iEscrow will contact you with more information about the shipping and payment.

I`m waiting for your reply as soon as possible!

So yeah... this is definitely a scam.

I probably knew it from the beginning, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just some old guy who didn't know how much his guitar was worth.

Darn.
Quote by Eric 666
Haven't you guys thought maybe the guy's an idiot and doesn't know how much its actually worth? TS go take some pictures and go check the serial number, if it checks out alright with Gibson...then go for it....fake guaranteed...what the **** do you guys know?

Well if he bought it for $4,000, surely he knows what it's worth? Anyway, like everyone's said, make sure it's real.