I know the Duncan Designed pickups are based on the U.S.A. made Seymour Duncans but how close are they to the U.S.A versions?
They're pretty darned rubbish in my experience.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
nah they cant really compare....duncan jb/jazz combo and the duncan design hb-102/hb-103(or whatever) combo are like fine aged champagne and carbonated piss
some duncans arent even made in the U.S. anymore...... even though they say seymour duncan and wherevev in california where certain ones are made certain ones are made in china, very depressing.
I am going to change the pickups in an Epiphone G400 and I guess I need to spend the extra cash and get the REAL Duncans. Do you all think the Duncan Designed pickups are worth $20?
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I am going to change the pickups in an Epiphone G400 and I guess I need to spend the extra cash and get the REAL Duncans. Do you all think the Duncan Designed pickups are worth $20?

Would you pay $20 to change to the exact same pickups?

The Duncan designed ones aren't going to be any better than the Epi ones. If you want to save money, save yourself an extra $20 by not upgrading at all.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i d say change one....bridge pickup for starters...no biggie dont even have to fiddle with the pots.. unscrew the bridge pickup and disconnect the wires....re-solder on to a SD one...and yes its worth saving for the REAL thing man...DEFINETLY...but yeah start of with just one for starters OR buy one of the combos which will prolly be a bit cheaper than buying two pickups separate....depends on what u play tho....but yeha duncan ftw...i have anyting from blues....to buttery leads with my SD jazz...to twangie cleans with my jb...to screaming high gain leads...and anything in between
First of all, what amp do you have? Duncan Designed aren't really worth 20 bucks to upgrade when you won't hear an upgrade in tone, even with a nice amp. If your amp is crap, you shouldn't even be thinking about upgrading pickups at all. Concentrate on getting a good amp if yours sucks.
The Epiphone G400 is my latest project my other guitars have good pickups (Epiphone Explorer with EMG 81 & 85 and LTD EC100QM with Duncan Distortion & Jazz) I'm just low on cash and thought if the Duncan Designed were any good I'd try them. Since everybody says they suck I guess I'll save up for the good ones.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
First of all, what amp do you have? Duncan Designed aren't really worth 20 bucks to upgrade when you won't hear an upgrade in tone, even with a nice amp. If your amp is crap, you shouldn't even be thinking about upgrading pickups at all. Concentrate on getting a good amp if yours sucks.

I have 2 amps an old Crate G80XL and a Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack they both sound pretty good.