Do you think it would work? I was just wondering, cause SRV used super glue to bond his skin back together...

Oh well.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Try it, it might work!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
well when it dries that **** has a pretty tough coat, I'd do it if I had some, especially since after like..2 weeks my strings get rigid and I can barely play them.
Quote by DCarney9116
Try it, it might work!

But, how do you get it off? Would you just have to wait?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
But, how do you get it off? Would you just have to wait?

I usually just bite it off.
Quote by Eric 666
I usually just bite it off.

Heh.

I might try it, cause my fingers hurt just now and I have nothing else to do except play guitar...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
you can get solution to dissolve the glue.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
i wouldn't personally recommend it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just tried it and...

It worked!

But, a guitar string went underneath the glue and ripped about 3 layers of skin off, so it hurts...

Oh well, that's happened to me before, and it goes away by the morrow.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Theres no way it ripped off three layers of skin chico. Thats all the layers of skin that you have.

I know, it felt like I ripped 3 off, you know, exaggerating I think it's called!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Wow... I'd try it but I have callouses already (2 years of bass, 2/3 months guitar), so no need LOL.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Have you tried mittens or thimbles? Nothing circumnavigates good old fashioned callouses from practice like thimbles do. Removing the flesh and exposing the finger bones' hard outer shells, helps too, but now we're getting into the ridiculous... : )
Have you thought about maybe using lower gauge strings? That to me seems like a more reasonable solution than superglue or thimbles and whatnot.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Theres no way it ripped off three layers of skin chico. Thats all the layers of skin that you have.

I thought you had 8?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
._. Damn. A new low. Why dont you just suck it up and get callouses by actually playing? >=[
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
Yah... Play through the pain!
Theres no quick way to toughin your fingers up. So suck it up!
Like a real man. Or woman.
whatever...
Also +1 to the sucking it up. I built my callouses up by sliding my fingers directly against the frets as hard as I could until it felt like my fingers would fall off.

Then I stick my fingers in ice to numb them and did it untill the skin started looking like it was starting to wear off.

Then I played a bass.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
it works as a last ditch thing if your fingers start bleeding during a gig or something, but I wouldn't use it regularly.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I thought you had 8?

Epidermis, Dermis, and Subcutaneous
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
lol... wont surprise me if a "Fingertip conditioner" type of product appear soon in the market :p
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by m4l666
Wow... I'd try it but I have callouses already (2 years of bass, 2/3 months guitar), so no need LOL.

Just you wait, they'll get a lot more callous-y yet...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I thought what SRV did was superglue his fingertips, THEN place them on his shoulder, letting it dry then rip skin off his shoulder to give new skin on his fingers....