Ahoy, I'm playing an Ibanez RX170 through a 120 watt hybrid Vox with no pedals and pinched harmonics sound ok, but nowhere near what you'd hear from EMGs/SDs through a Marshall stack..

So, to bring out more definition in tone, should I invest in new pickups or some sort of distortion pedal? The Vox caters to every effect under the sun pretty well, but maybe with a pedal It'd give that extra ooomph. Or is this due to my stock pickups?

New Guitar/Amp is not an option guys..

Spankyou. n___n
Yo Homes, To Belair
Turn the gain all the way up, also if it is a valvetronix amp those don't give off the best harmonics ever; I had one. Also check for other harmonic spots up and down the strings, one spot may sound hotter than the other; just pinch harmonic up and down a string until you find a nice sound.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
It could be my technique..

It takes a while to find the sweet spot, but when I do it sounds great.. So maybe I'm resorting to 'buy new stuff, it'll make me better!' too soon. n_n
Yo Homes, To Belair
bass down treble up?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Higher gain, wide vibrato, higher treble, kick in a little reverb/delay, work on technique.
get an overdrive pedal.
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier