Sorry if I already asked this, but I forget. If you buy a Squier, put in new pickups: Fender '57/'62s, and put on a new neck, would it sound really good?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
The body will still be a piece of shit.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Like how?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
The wood squier uses is crap, so it will sound bad..

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Hmm... I see. Would it sound good if I did that with a Fender Strat: The Standard MIM or the '60s Classic Series Strat?
Quote by chip46
Uh, affenity squires use fairly nice alder most of the time. Just find one that feels good, and replace everything but the body and neck.
I've heard of people building stratoparters using the wood from fenders, and the necks from squiers.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
And that would sound good Stee?
Quote by chip46
I doesn't really matter what kind of guitar you buy if you're modding it right?
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by lespaul#1
I doesn't really matter what kind of guitar you buy if you're modding it right?

Yes, because there many different factors that contribute to tone such as wood type, wood quality, even hardware quality and finish type.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by chip46