Could someone give me tips, exercises, etc. etc. to help me speed up my fingers?

I'm obviously a bassist and I want to be able to play much faster.

Ploxthx
Speed is a byproduct of accuracy. Make your technique perfect, and speed will come with time.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
spider exercise

and by the way your fingers dont get 'faster' the movements just become smaller , aha such a boffin
Quote by gm jack
Speed is a byproduct of accuracy. Make your technique perfect, and speed will come with time.

+ lots and lots
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by gm jack

And by this you mean...?
Quote by chs170
Practice being accurate instead of trying to play fast, and it will become easier to play, and in effect, faster. As the more you practice, the faster you get.

But I am quite accurate...and in case you people didn't know, I'm talking about my strumming fingers.
Quote by Royal Celebi
But I am quite accurate...and in case you people didn't know, I'm talking about my strumming fingers.

Just play as fast as you can for as long as you can; the more stamina you have the longer you'll be able to play for so you'll be able to force yourself into bursts of faster playing, then you'll be able to work on stamina for the new speed.

Rinse and repeat until you're God.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Just play as fast as you can for as long as you can; the more stamina you have the longer you'll be able to play for so you'll be able to force yourself into bursts of faster playing, then you'll be able to work on stamina for the new speed.

Rinse and repeat until you're God.

Alright thanks. And any exercises/stretches for my fingers to keep my hand from cramping and/or inflaming/carpal tunnel/etc. etc.?
As long as you don't try to force yourself to play too quickly you should be fine.

I also forgot to say: consider practicing with more than two fingers on your picking hand if you don't already, moving from 2 to 3 fingers should add a considerable amount of stamina to your playing once you've got the co-ordination down.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
As long as you don't try to force yourself to play too quickly you should be fine.

I also forgot to say: consider practicing with more than two fingers on your picking hand if you don't already, moving from 2 to 3 fingers should add a considerable amount of stamina to your playing once you've got the co-ordination down.

Ah ok. Thanks a lot. I'll try to move to three fingers...although thats damn weird; sounds like it'll be damn hard >_<
Last edited by Royal Celebi at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by Royal Celebi
Ah ok. Thanks a lot. I'll try to move to three fingers...although thats damn weird sounds like it'll be damn hard >_<

It is hard to get used to if you're very used to playing with 2 fingers but if you take it slow it should come easily enough. It'll take a lot of time to get it down though I'll tell you that for free.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It is hard to get used to if you're very used to playing with 2 fingers but if you take it slow it should come easily enough. It'll take a lot of time to get it down though I'll tell you that for free.

Mmmk. Thanks again. How long...would you think it take to get used to three fingers?
Quote by professorlamp
and by the way your fingers dont get 'faster' the movements just become smaller , aha such a boffin

No, they get faster. As your muscle memory grows, the fingers are able to repeat the motions more quickly.