Page 1 of 3
Ok guys.. Got it narrowed down to these 2.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated ?

Thanks in advance !

Dibruno
I would say the Jackson.
Alexi is awesome and his sig is too, but i've heard alot of good things about the Jackson.. it also looks alot better.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by MakeItWitChu
I would say the Jackson.
Alexi is awesome and his sig is too, but i've heard alot of good things about the Jackson.. it also looks alot better.

Agreed.

I'm in your sig
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Go with Alexi's guitar i have played it and also played many Jacksons. I especially enjoyed the Alexi guitar though!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Jackson RR24 by far.

That is an amazing axe.
Quote by Deep*Kick
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing

Rig:
Ibanez Xiphos7 w/ Blackouts -or- ESPh307->MXR ZW-44-> Peavey 6505+

7/ERG Legion
It all comes down to whether you want a Blackout, or an EMG.

Also if you want painted bevels, or a pin stripe.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Funny you say that... I really don't want pinstripes or bevels.. wish the damn thing was just all black
Gibson Les Paul Standard (Trans amber)
ESP EC-1000
Jackson RR24 (White w/black bevels)
Dean Michael Angelo Batio signature

Vox AD30VT Amp
Mini Marshall
jacko.....both are great though....heres the deal...u buy the alexi and we can trade pickups
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by Colgate Total
It all comes down to whether you want a Blackout, or an EMG.

Also if you want painted bevels, or a pin stripe.

I agree. The RR24 is based on the guitar Alexi and Roope were designing before they were signed by ESP.

The only differences really are whether you want an EMG or Blackout. Or bevels or stripes. Besides, Alexi's real guitar isn't the same as those. I personally have a Jackson with EMGs and it sounds great.
GEAR:

Jackson Pro Series RR3 (w/ EMG 81/85 combo)
Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Squier Standard Strat (w/ Fender Strat pups)
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
Quote by DIBRUNO
Funny you say that... I really don't want pinstripes or bevels.. wish the damn thing was just all black

You could try to find an Edwards V on eBay.
Quote by Deep*Kick
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing

Rig:
Ibanez Xiphos7 w/ Blackouts -or- ESPh307->MXR ZW-44-> Peavey 6505+

7/ERG Legion
I've always liked both companies, but I've played the Alexi sig and it wasn't really all that great. Most LTD's I've played aren't accually, (accept the 1000 series), and most the Jacksons I've played seamed to be great. I own a Jackson, and it plays great, esspecially for what I paid for it.
I'd go with the Jackson if it were me, but only you can decide.
OK .. Just bought the Jackson RR24. Black with red bevels.
On back order though
Seems most people want the white.

Thanks to all for the help !!

Great bunch of people on here.. no doubt about it !

Dibruno
ESP EC-1000

Vox AD30VT Amp
Mini Marshall
Great choice. How long till you get it? Post loads of pics once you do.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
I'll find out Monday after they reach Jackson.

I'll post some pics too.

Thanx
ESP EC-1000

Vox AD30VT Amp
Mini Marshall
Quote by DIBRUNO
I'll find out Monday after they reach Jackson.

I'll post some pics too.

Thanx

i was told july 18th....i got mine yesterday but they sent me the rr24m, with maple neck...so ill be getting the right one monday
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by DIBRUNO

Don't say that! Yoy want to be different. Black is so generic.
Quote by foxthor_rider2k
The only differences really are whether you want an EMG or Blackout.

Is this a recent change? My friend has an Alexi-600, but it features an EMG HZ of some sort. I just wish Jackson could offer their customers a choice between an EMG or a Blackout.
Quote by Ox Iceman
Is this a recent change? My friend has an Alexi-600, but it features an EMG HZ of some sort. I just wish Jackson could offer their customers a choice between an EMG or a Blackout.

That would be pretty sweet.

but yeah, they recently started putting a blackout in the Alexi guitar.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Buy the Jackson if you want to keep your dignity. I hate the ESP model, It's a total rip-off of the guitar that RANDY/JACKSON created. ESP and Alexi shouldnt be making money off a guitar that Grover Jackson partially created. The only difference is that his only had a pickup in the treble position instead of 2. He shouldnt be able to call that his signature guitar. Thats disrespect to Randy, someone who hes considers an "influence'.

That being said, both guitars are pretty identical. The ESP has a Blackout while the Jackson an EMG. I havent had the playing time to give a good description of the Blackouts, but I have a set of EMG's in my les paul and I think they're pretty good. I have heard the Blackouts have better cleans though, and it wouldnt surprise me if its true, the EMGs barely have a passable clean.

I think the ESP has neck binding though, which really doesnt make a difference except cosmetically, but if you like it then the ESP has it. I think the RR24 does have binding, but its black.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I guess no companies should make money besides fender and gibson since they actually created all of the guitar shapes...
Jackson shouldn't be allowed to make any guitars except the RR shape since the superstrat design is just a copy of the strat, the V is just a copy of the gibson V, same with all esp guitars and all ibanez's.

The reason the ESP has the same shape is because alexi use to play an RR.
The jackson
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
I dont recall Gibson or Fender starting the RR shape.

Ok, maybe ESP should be allowed to make a RR shaped guitar. Doesnt really make sense, but youre right about what you said before, its not like it hasnt happened before with other companies and its a fact of life. Companies are gonna take other companies shapes and builds. Calling it thier own is still something they shouldnt do, but it happens.

But theres no reason that Alexi should call it his own signature model. He didnt do anything to it. Putting 1 pickup in it instead of 2, adding 2 extra frets and calling it his own? Give me a break. Jackson's been making custom shop Rhoads with 1 pickups and/or 24 frets since the mid 80's. Alexi shouldnt have called it his own and brought it to another company. Thats disrespectful to jackson for one, which I can understand him doing if they werent gonna make him any other guitars or whatever the situation was. But calling the shape that Randy Rhoads designed himself his own? Taking away all the credit that Randy deserved for coming up with one of the most popular guitars shapes since the 80's? Thats not right, and I dont think Alexi should even speak of Randy anymore. Not that he does when talking about the guitar that he "designed", it doesnt bother him that he's taking the credit from everyone who doesnt know better to know thats really RR's design.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Quote by Copilot911
I guess no companies should make money besides fender and gibson since they actually created all of the guitar shapes...
Jackson shouldn't be allowed to make any guitars except the RR shape since the superstrat design is just a copy of the strat, the V is just a copy of the gibson V, same with all esp guitars and all ibanez's.

Jackson: Kelly, Warrior (if you don't count the Stealth and the others that came before it), King V (it's not the same as the Gibson V), RR
ESP: that ugly F shape, the AX, the PB
Ibanez: Iceman, Roadstar, Saber, RG, FR.

If they were ALL mere copies of the Gibson/Fender design, they'd all be out of business.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by LastCaress88
Buy the Jackson if you want to keep your dignity. I hate the ESP model, It's a total rip-off of the guitar that RANDY/JACKSON created. ESP and Alexi shouldnt be making money off a guitar that Grover Jackson partially created. The only difference is that his only had a pickup in the treble position instead of 2. He shouldnt be able to call that his signature guitar. Thats disrespect to Randy, someone who hes considers an "influence'.

Do you live under a rock?

Alexi played Custom Shop RRV's for years, but all of his Jacksons were stolen. Look it up. Jackson couldn't make him another guitar for several months, but ESP could make him one in a week or so, I believe.

However, he had to sign with the company before they'd make the guitar. So ESP ended up making a signature series based on his custom shop. If I'm right, they can do that without it being his choice. I may be wrong about that though.

He isn't disrespecting Randy, he's one of the people causing Randy's spirit to live on.
GEAR:

Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
Do you have to live under a rock to not know the exact details in the situation with Alexi? He's not that popular.

Also, did you not just read my post?

"Thats disrespectful to jackson for one, which I can understand him doing if they werent gonna make him any other guitars or whatever the situation was."

I'm pretty sure i got the situation right, Jackson wasnt gonna make him any more guitars for awhile but ESP was. I said right there I geuss I could understand why he went to ESP and had them make a Jackson RR-replica because his guitars were stolen and he had nothing to play. Well, thats 1, maybe a few more replicas. Not his signature models. He made those later, and obviously had a part in designing them.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he ripped off Jackson and Randy. Even if he came up with the excuse of somehting like how he liked how the shape fit when playing sittign down. Thats valid, I like how my RR1 fits when I'm sitting down. But does that mean he gets to call his guitar 'the Alexi - whatever" and not give any insight or provacation that it was not his idea, that it was Randy's? Its not like he gave any credit to Randy with his ESP signature series, it would have been different if he did. The least he couldve done was not lead everyone who doesnt know better to thinking that he came up with this "groundbreaking new variation of a flying V".

Alexi's doing the exact opposite of causing Randy's spirit to live on. he's taking Randy's design and calling it his own, making kids who might not know about Randy yet think that it's all Alexis. I really dont know how you can defend Alexi in this situation, much less say that hes causing Randy'spirit to live on. I highly doubt that Alexi really cares, he's just looking to make some $ with ESP so decided to rip off soemone else and call it his own. He's not the first and he wont be the last.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Its not the same size as the Rhoads V. But whatever, man. I'm not gonna argue over this crap. Think what you want.
GEAR:

Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
I agree with lastcaress, he shouldn't have called it the alexi esp or whatever, he should have called it RR tribute or something.

But then look at ESP's other signatures, James hetfield and will adler both have LP signatures.

But it happens, who really cares because if one company uses the same body style but way different hardware and neck you would go with the one that fits the style you want. If you want to play metal on a superstrat design you would go with the one that was the pickups you want and the trem you want, not the one by the company that first made that shape then have to pay more money to replace the pickups.
^ Thats true. Theres been hundreds of Strat and LP signature models, and its really not even an issue. Its different with the Rhoads though, that was a signature model to start with. Strats were just Fender's shape, and even though Les Paul designed the LP himself, it's still just a Gibson shape. Although Jackson wasnt started until Randy and Grover developed the RR shape, it's still Randys signature.
It's a hard subject to argue over because it's really not common, theres really not many signature shapes, theres signature versions of other shapes but the RR was completely in it's own.

This arguments isnt even a big deal, I even told the TS that the ESP might be the better choice for the price, but that doesnt change the fact that Alexi ripped it off. It just makes me mad to see Alexi knowingly call, what Randy made, his own. It's like Alexi taking the Mr Crowley solo and playing it in F and calling it his own. I just dont agree with what he did, but it happens.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Quote by LastCaress88
^ Thats true. Theres been hundreds of Strat and LP signature models, and its really not even an issue. Its different with the Rhoads though, that was a signature model to start with. Strats were just Fender's shape, and even though Les Paul designed the LP himself, it's still just a Gibson shape. Although Jackson wasnt started until Randy and Grover developed the RR shape, it's still Randys signature.
It's a hard subject to argue over because it's really not common, theres really not many signature shapes, theres signature versions of other shapes but the RR was completely in it's own.

This arguments isnt even a big deal, I even told the TS that the ESP might be the better choice for the price, but that doesnt change the fact that Alexi ripped it off. It just makes me mad to see Alexi knowingly call, what Randy made, his own. It's like Alexi taking the Mr Crowley solo and playing it in F and calling it his own. I just dont agree with what he did, but it happens.

Dude, you need to chill out. Kirk Hammet originally played Jackson Dinkys, now he has a sig with ESP. James Hetfield originally played Gibson Explorers, now he has a deal with ESP. George Lynch used to play Jacksons, then he got a deal with ESP. ESP in an easy company to get a deal with. That's why so many players have their own sig models with them.

And as far as the idea that Alexi shouldn't even speak of Randy anymore, that is just ridiculous. It's not like he dug up Randy's grave, pissed on him and reburied him upside down. Also, the LES PAUL certianly wouldn't be a signature model, would it?

Chill the hell out.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Dude, you need to chill out. Kirk Hammet originally played Jackson Dinkys, now he has a sig with ESP. James Hetfield originally played Gibson Explorers, now he has a deal with ESP. George Lynch used to play Jacksons, then he got a deal with ESP. ESP in an easy company to get a deal with. That's why so many players have their own sig models with them.

And as far as the idea that Alexi shouldn't even speak of Randy anymore, that is just ridiculous. It's not like he dug up Randy's grave, pissed on him and reburied him upside down. Also, the LES PAUL certianly wouldn't be a signature model, would it?

Chill the hell out.

I agree whole-heartedly.

If I had a signature, I'd have a Rhoads shape. Does that make ME a disgrace? Its an awesome guitar. Besides, its only a design.

Oh, and TS, good choice with the RR24.
GEAR:

Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
Quote by AsShadowsRemain
If you guys knew anything, you'd know that Alexi took an existing ESP body shape, known as the Striking V, and customized it to his liking. He didn't rip RR off, ESP did that themselves.

Thank you.

Lastcaress, just CHILL. we dont really care about your concerns here. If you should be mad at anyone, be mad at ESP. Before Alexi had a signature model with ESP, ESP was making a guitar shape known as the SV, which was basically just of a copy of the RR with a few slight ergonomic differences that were actually an improvement over the classic RR shape. Every company does this, i mean, look at PRS and their singlecuts. Should someone like Mark Tremonti not have a guitar with his name on it that looks like a les Paul but isnt? Exactly. I think you just have something against Alexi and some super "special" relationship with randy rhoads whom you never even met.
As much as I adore Alexi Laiho, it's the Jackson; no contest.

EDIT: ^ of course he has something against Alexi. The man kicks the **** out of him playing-wise.
R E G G A E
Quote by Copilot911

If what you said actually was true (Guitar Companies being allowed to make only their original designs) there would be only like 3 Electric Guitar Companies.. that would at least make money.
I'd personally go with the jackson

but both are very good guitars so neither of them would be a bad choice tbh
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Are you guys kidding? You're the ones who need to chill out. I think I just stated my opinion, and got barraged by Alexi fans who couldnt face that fact that it was an opinion.

About the LP. Read what I said before. Seriously, I said that even though LES PAUL designed the LES PAUL, it wasnt much of a signature shape. He didnt really make it with the intention of being a signature model. Besides, if there was any signature Les Paul model it's be the SG, which what the shape was first. Read up kids.

How many times do I have to go over this, I'm aware of the other companies that take other companies designs. But with a signature shape, it's different. I've said a million times, it happens. I just said that I dont think its right. If you wanna go ahead and say it's fine, then go for it. Its an opinion, but you guys in this thread obviously cant handle them. As much as ESP ripped off the shape, so did Alexi. Dont tell me to blame ESP solely, Alexi had a part in designing it as much as them. I've said in my other posts that this isnt even a big deal, its just my opinion. I geuss I shouldnt have said anything though, cause now i got the SUPER TUFF COB HATECREW after me! Seriously, I said what I thought on the situation, and you guys took it alot harder than i put it. Bottom line is Alexi took Randy's shape, and I dont think he shouldve done that. If you think it was alright that he did, thats fine. I never started any posts with thousands of negative comments about Alexi, swearing every other word, and saying that he should'nt be aloud to live. Most negative thing I said about him, which was just a figure of speech, for those of you who cant pick up on them, was that Alexi shouldnt talk about Randy as one of his influences, and then disregard him when saying that his signature model is in fact "signature". Thats the moral of the story.

And my "super special relationship with Randy"? Doesnt exist. Never got the chance to meet him, but I have more than enough good friends who were close to him to give me insight on him. I dont see where you're getting at with that though, sure he's one of my favorite players, but if anyone else would have done it, then it'd be the same issue. I didnt have anything against Alexi when I said what I said, it would have been the same if James Hetfield/Mark Tremonti/Kirk Hammet/who ever else you came up with did it.

And to the of course I must dislike him, because he plays better than me comment. Your an idiot. You're right about one thing, Alexi can sweep all over me at 10000nps, but over all as a player he's not that great. Look at some Paul Gilbert for 1 example if you want to see modern day talent, he'll "kick the **** out of the man playing wise".
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Page 1 of 3