Well I just got my guitar setup and the guy had to replace the nut because it was a crappy material and was sticking to the strings or something. I don't really know. But I was putting my strap back on it and I thought I heard something weird. I don't know for certain but i think it may have been the nut or whatever. I might not have noticed it before but it seems that since I heard that noise when I play between the 9th-12th frets on any string it seems I get some fret buzzing. Can the nut slip or something? Any thoughts?

EDIT: I just called the place up and they said I can bring it back and they will fix it for free. Thanks for your input guys!
Last edited by SoyJoy at Jul 12, 2008,
If it's glued in properly then no.
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
NoFX_Fan182 is awesome mkay. He just rocks my socks
Sounds like the set-up wasn't quite the best, take it back to the shop and tell the guy you've still go fret buzz and he should fix it for free because that's the sort of thing that a set-up should eliminate this kind of thing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The nut can move in it's channel if it isn't seated firmly. A lot of people put a drop of regular white glue (Elmer's here in the US) to secure it and I would think whoever set it up for you would have done that. I would play it for a few days and see if you hear it again. I would definately take it back though to have the buzz checked out.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Oh I plan on going back to get this buzz checked out. I think it was fine before i heard this sound thought but I don't remember.
Quote by SoyJoy
Oh I plan on going back to get this buzz checked out. I think it was fine before i heard this sound thought but I don't remember.

Could have been that when you were putting the strap back on the neck got jostled a little and the nut moved. Did you take your guitar to a regular music store to get set up or an actual guitar tech (electric luthier)?
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
An actual guitar luthier. I think that may have happened. I think it was working fine before the strap. Doesn't matter. I'm bringing it back Monday to get it tweaked.