this bass is made in 1967, it is a Hofner-imitation Paul McCartney bass, so it is not a real hofner, brand is unknown but it was made in Japan. Do you guys know if this would be worth anything on ebay or anything?

i would think you would get quite a bit for it, 1967 was during the height of beatlemania so to a beatles fan it would mean a lot to own
Considering it's a Japanese copy, chances are you can only get about $200-300 for it.

Even if it's from 1967.
The.
Quote by ashlew
i would think you would get quite a bit for it, 1967 was during the height of beatlemania so to a beatles fan it would mean a lot to own

My Dad is from before 1967, was around during the height of Beatlemania, and isn't worth that much, so I refuse to hold high hopes for this bass
Quote by Deliriumbassist
My Dad is from before 1967, was around during the height of Beatlemania, and isn't worth that much, so I refuse to hold high hopes for this bass

ha!
I have a proper Hofner from the 1960-70's, it will only go for much to a collector, as I don't see why any players would want Hofner violins, they're pretty crap.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Unknown brand, Japanese... my instincts tell me not much, but I may be wrong.

+1
unless it can be traced to be from some reputable manufacturer, i say it's not worth much. maybe $100 to $150 tops. age has no bearing on quality.
Uh....
1. Buy Bass
2. Find Hofner neck
3. ????
4. Profit

But seriously, crappy, no-name, Jap basses aren't worth much.
Quote by Captain Insano
Uh....
1. Buy Bass
2. Find Hofner neck
3. ????
4. Profit

But seriously, crappy, no-name, Jap basses aren't worth much.

chances are, it has a set neck.